6v Dash/idiot light bulbs for WL, WLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6v Dash/idiot light bulbs for WL, WLA

Anybody know where to get them? Can't find them on line, local auto parts don't carry 6v bulbs anymore. The numbers are worn off the old ones, so I'm not even sure what to ask for.
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Rich
    Rich Inmate #7084

Google 6v bulbs and plenty of sites will come up. I think one of hem was Bulbs.com. You will need to know what type pin configuration you need but I think all of those were simple two pin, straight bulbs. Those usually run around .75 to $1. Buying in bulk gets a better price per.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA # 12766

Comment

Problem is I don't know what to ask for, they don't indicate the width of the base. I think these are 1/2" base. Also I have no idea what the wattage should be. There used to be a bulb number that the auto parts stores refer to, like 1157 or what ever. I could be looking at the correct bulbs and not know it.
      Rich
      Last edited by frichie68; 01-21-2013, 10:20 AM.
      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

#63 =vtwin #33-2046 ten pack---- approx. .600"

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Found some quite by accident at Autozone, Sylvania 63LL. NOBODY seems to have any kind of cross-reference list, nothing to look up a bulb for 70 year old equipment. Lots of headlamp/taillamp bulbs on ebay, no dash bulbs. On-line bulb folks are no help if you don't know THEIR part number. Probably not much demand for these bulbs, barely enough for China to keep making them...
          Rich
          Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Working...
          X