Wanted: Late VL Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Late VL Parts

I'm looking for good, useable parts for 35 VLD build.
    The scoot will be a rider (no show) so parts do not need to be perfect! Rust is good! Crappy paint is cool too!
    I have engine (need outer 3-hole cover), trans, tanks and few misc parts.
    If you have any thing you can part with please send a PM, pic (wideglide38 @ yahoo) and price!
    Thanks,
    William #10035
    William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
    http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

If you don't mind repo for the tanks and oiler cover then Replicant Metals has what you need and they are exact fit so no need to V Twin them into fitting. Tanks are especially hard to find in really good condition and if they're not it can be expensive to make them so. I speak from experience on this. Soldered tanks don't fair well with age as they are delicate and many are rotted through or nearly so but good luck!!!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA # 12766

Comment

Thanks Tom. I believe patience will be my key! The tanks I found appear is very good shape (some cleaning inside) and have some soldering/brazing around the fittings! Need to pressure test them soon. I saw Tom's booth at the Chesapeake meet, his repops looked great and have visited his website.
      William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
      http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

vl parts

Originally posted by wideglide38 View Post
        Thanks Tom. I believe patience will be my key! The tanks I found appear is very good shape (some cleaning inside) and have some soldering/brazing around the fittings! Need to pressure test them soon. I saw Tom's booth at the Chesapeake meet, his repops looked great and have visited his website.
        have three bolt cover nos used great condition 200.00 call if interested left over from 2 vl builds tel 207 577 6010

Comment

Working...
        X