Wanted Luggage carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Luggage carrier

I'm looking for a luggage carrier to fit a 1935 Harley VD. If someone has one or can give me a heads up on where I could try. I tried Tom at Replicant who isn't doing one for this year.

I thought that the luggage carriers were all the same for the all the VL's and they were being reproduced now? Are you talking about the one that is BIG and goes down to the axle? OR the type that just sits on top of the fender? To be honest, I don't know a lot about the Luggage Carriers except original ones are hard to find and expensive.
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Hi Jim, I have been able to pick one up last weekend here in Australia. The luggage carrier for the 35 V is slightly different because the rear guard is wider so the diagonals between the uprights that go down to the frame near the axle and the top are smaller. I was lucky and the one that I found fits. I was thinking that I would be able to get a J model carrier and alter it.

Comment

Great to hear! Have fun with it!
        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

How much do they cost down there? One sold a few days ago on e-bay for $600 US. I use to buy them for $10 and J frames cost $300 for a good one but that was in the 90's.

Comment

Working...
          X