Mid 40"s metal covered floorboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid 40"s metal covered floorboards

Wondering if there are any mid 40's metal covered floorboards out there? Also the "accessory" board extenders.

I a have pair of sheet metal floorboard covers that I assumed were original on my '42 WLA. In good condition except a dent from the clutch lever, no HD logo. Might consider a swap for something.
    Last edited by frichie68; 07-31-2012, 06:23 PM.
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Geez, I don't really have a lot. Some 45 fork legs, carb parts, some early original spark plugs. Couple boxes of modern HD parts. Softtail RoadKIng take-offs. Wish I had more. Are you looking for anything in particular? I could send pictures if we hit on something.
      Nick

Comment

SANY0059.jpg First effort at posting a photo...dunno if it worked or not.
        No idea what the floorboards are worth-except not much to me. I can tell you that riding with them in Colorado in slush and freezing rain is NOT fun.
        The plugs sound interesting, are they the old take-apart type? How many?
        Also have a WLA front fender, good condition-wrong paint. Speedometer, works but very dirty inside, original seat-good pan, bad leather. WLA muffler, dented, very little rust.
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8959[/ATTACH] First effort at posting a photo...dunno if it worked or not.
          No idea what the floorboards are worth-except not much to me. I can tell you that riding with them in Colorado in slush and freezing rain is NOT fun.
          The plugs sound interesting, are they the old take-apart type? How many?
          Also have a WLA front fender, good condition-wrong paint. Speedometer, works but very dirty inside, original seat-good pan, bad leather. WLA muffler, dented, very little rust.
          Might be interested in the speedo and seat pan if you're looking to part. Got some trading stuff....depending on what you're into of course.

Comment

I'll come up with some pics on the 2 plugs I have. Get back to you later, my schedule's been hectic lately

Comment

Trying to post photos of the speedometer & seat, no success so far. Try again later.
              The leather on the seat is better than I remembered, the leather strip to attach it to the pan is rotted away.

Looking for an engine guard/crash bar to fit a '35 VL, maybe you know somebody that knows somebody?
              Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
                Trying to post photos of the speedometer & seat, no success so far. Try again later.
                The leather on the seat is better than I remembered, the leather strip to attach it to the pan is rotted away.

Looking for an engine guard/crash bar to fit a '35 VL, maybe you know somebody that knows somebody?
                I'll look around, anything else. PM'd my e-mail for the speedo and seat pics.

Comment

Forks and plugs

Here are the plugs I mentioned (Champions). I thought they were the rebuild-able type but guess not. Hadn't looked at them in a while. Also a front fork leg from a 45.
                  Wish I had something else to offer ya. How 'bout an old 45 custom chopper frame seat & Iron Cross sissy bar off a 45 chopper (just kidding)
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm interested in the ront fork leg. I'll send you an e-mail.

Comment

Naw, don't think so. Had to hold myself back on the sissy bar, though...LOL!
                      I see cdndewey might be interested in the fork, maybe you guys can work something out.
                      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Working...
                      X