No announcement yet.

Wanted. 6v Blue and Red sealed beam type spotlight bulbs for 1964 guide H 62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted. 6v Blue and Red sealed beam type spotlight bulbs for 1964 guide H 62

Hi. I'm looking for OEM red 6v Sealed beam spotlamp units Pt # 68727-62 or blue ones. My parts book doesn't list a blue one in 6v, only red and amber? It suggests blue is only available in 12v but I didn't think that was right? I have a red rotating pole light for my bike and would like a blue spot to contrast it. Seller must be willing to ship to England for which I am willing to pay all costs, plus a reasonable premium for the hassle.
    Thank you, Grahame

Contact Bills Custom Cycles in Bloomsberg PA.
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I have some extra red ones Grahame, but I won't be home for another eight weeks. Can you wait a couple of months? I don't think there's a blue 6V sealed beam spotlight. The standard configuration I believe was either two red (flashing) seal beams or one (flashing), and a rotating one.

Comment

Dewey's right. Blue didn't come into use as a US "police light" distinctive color until well after the 6v. Harley era ended in 1964. Before about the end of the 1970's, red was the standard American emergency lignt color. Everything was red: fire, ambulance, police, everything. You might look up the 12v blue lights that did finally come out, and get an idea from their "dash number" what year they were introduced. Just an idea.
        Gerry Lyons #607
        http://www.37ul.com/
        http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Thank you! I would like to take you up on your offer if you can spare two? I can wait two months. I have one that I found at the Eustis last year. But after the journey home it rattles inside, but still works fine. I don't have too much confidence in it to last though. I'll wait to hear from you regarding how much you want for them, and when you have had the opportunity to find out the shipping cost. Thanks again. Grahame.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Gerry. The 12v Blue light part # is -65. Which actually fits with a color picture of a 1965 Boston PD Electraglide another member sent me recently that had two blue ones fitted. Great to get this kind of information from the experts out there. I am again very grateful. Thanks to Robert too for suggesting Bills. I have purchased from Bills a couple of times on ebay. The service was great, the parts are always as described, and they have great stuff, but when I have sent an email enquiry a couple of times asking if they have specific parts in stock, they have never answered me?
            Grahame.

Comment

From my experience, you are better off phoning Bill's.
              Dan Margolien
              Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
              Www.yankeechapter.org
              Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
              X