Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a tap

need a tap for the top of 41mm fork tubes. I think it's 1 3/8 - 20
    Would like to buy or borrow. I've got a set of tubes that need the threads chased.
    Last edited by olddaze; 11-15-2011, 10:58 AM. Reason: foorgot to subscribe
    Member# 7397

Are you referring to tubes from a Hydra or Duo Glide, those tubes are 1.625 dia. and the thread is 1 3/8-18. Do you need to tap existing threads or cut new? Bob#6738
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

They are aftermarkey tubes for a drum brake Pan. I need to straighten out existing threads.
      Member# 7397

Comment

I have a tap you are welcome to borrow as long as you are not using it to clean chrome out of the threads. I could ship UPS tomorrow or next day, you should get it the next day, we live in the same state. PM me your address if you want me to send it. Bob
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
          I have a tap you are welcome to borrow as long as you are not using it to clean chrome out of the threads. I could ship UPS tomorrow or next day, you should get it the next day, we live in the same state. PM me your address if you want me to send it. Bob
          Thanks a ton! PM sent
          Member# 7397

Comment

Got it. Thanks BigLakeBob! 5 mintues with that tap fixed what I've been stressing over for two weeks. Sending it back Monday.
            Member# 7397

Comment

Greg, got tap today. Thanks for lunch, I'm just glad it worked for you. Maybe I'll see you at a meet one day. Happy Thanksgiving! Bob
              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
              X