Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacke Deluxe Motor

Hello fellow antique nuts...

Am looking for a Spacke motor (twin) for Cannonball Race(run)... Matt Olsen was lucky enough to get one, so I'm pickin up where he left off...

Any leads greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
    Bill

www.oldironrider.com
    WWW.OLDIRONRIDER.COM

Good luck Bill.
    Do you think just one spare engine will be enough to get you across the entire country? Perhaps you should pick up a couple. :-)
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

I hope I won't need one motor per state !!!
      WWW.OLDIRONRIDER.COM

Comment

Just an update... My Spacke motor requirements for Cannonball are filled.... but always interested in whats out there....

Bill
        WWW.OLDIRONRIDER.COM

Comment

Spacke Motor?

Originally posted by Bill N. View Post
          Just an update... My Spacke motor requirements for Cannonball are filled.... but always interested in whats out there....

Bill
          Hi Bill

Would love to know what machine you are using the Spacke motor in. If you had surplus contacts with Spake motors I would also like to know what is available as my '16/'17 Dayton takes a Spake Deluxe 1156cc V-twin also.

Michael Voice
          Michael Voice
          Membership Number 10556

Comment

Hi Mike...
            At this point I have no spare motors... But I suspect that as the Cannonball fever cools, you might be able to find one on Ebay by summer... The 16/17 Dayton is a cool bike... I'm not sure if by then they were using their proprietary Dayton motor... Either way, I'll keep my ears open on Spacke....
            Bill
            WWW.OLDIRONRIDER.COM

Comment

Thanks Bill,

I'd love to find a proprietary Dayton 1000 v-twin, but never heard of or seen one, to me they are featured only in old Dayton adverts. Meantime though, my Dayton does use the Spacke 1156cc.
              Im really not 100% sure of my dates on my Dayton, because the damaged engine that was with it is a 1915 Spacke number. But my frame has the top tube on the frame lowered by about an inch, and it looks original, not an after-market alteration and it is for that reson it either has to be a late Dayton with a different tank, or a racing frame which I have only seen a couple of pics of racing Daytons and so would be hard to verify.

Michael
              Michael Voice
              Membership Number 10556

Comment

A racer ? WOW...wouldn't that be great it you could confirm that ... Would you be able to explain the VIN number sequencing on the Spacke motors if you know...

Just posted a quick blog update :http://www.oldironrider.com/Blog.html

Thanks
                WWW.OLDIRONRIDER.COM

Comment

Thanks Bill,

Funny thing is, I'm not as keen on racers as I am on a nicely restored road machine. I know there were some racing maniacs in New Zealand, but if it was imported as a factory racing machine it would have been a one and only I think. Funny thing is, Daytons actually sold very well in NZ, but the stories how how many were lost to dumps due to the old guy dying brings you to tears...

Need information, a big metal detector, and a steam shovel to find whats buried...
                  Michael Voice
                  Membership Number 10556

Comment

Bill, will try to find the info on the years for you if I can, unfortunately my valuable info is in my old room at Dads place back in NZ. Will see what I can obtain from him.
                    Michael Voice
                    Membership Number 10556

Comment

Working...
                    X