Announcement

Collapse

Upgrade complete

The AMCA forum underwent a significant version upgrade on November 28, 2020. While all posts and content were migrated during the upgrade process, please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page if you discover any lost functionality or missing content. Thank you.
See more
See less

Pope Model K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope Model K

Greetings to all!

ISO bike, and/or parts for, a Pope Model K.

My grandfather rode a 1913 Pope Model K in the early 1920's and, as my father and I have begun to search through his estate, we recently found a smattering of odd parts from the bike (e.g., Schebler carb, belt tensioner). Given how my grandfather used, reused, and saved parts throughout his life, I fully expect to find additional parts. (N.B.: I've already found other parts from his 1914 Harley and 1925 JD.)

For some time, I've thought about restoring a Pope, and my recent discoveries present something of a (small but promising) opportunity. I was raised in the world of Model T restoration and have begun to "cut my teeth" in the antique motorcycle world with my father's 1909 single-cylinder Indian. For some odd reason, the Indian never quite piqued my father's interest, as it has mine. But, hey, he rescued it from the salvage yard decades ago (for a paltry $50), so what did he really care?!

Any advice, leads, encouragement, etc. would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance . . .

Ken Aldous
    Rhinebeck, New York
    (914) 645-6005

Welcome, Ken!
    I, for one, would like to see some pictures of that 1909 Indian!

Dale

Is anyone else having trouble replying to a thread? It would only let me reply with quote. So I deleted the quote.

Comment

Working...
    X