Original, unrestored 1917 Indian Powerplus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original, unrestored 1917 Indian Powerplus

Below is the information I posted on eBay, if anyone here is interested, please contact me directly.

This is an absolutely beautiful barn find, 1917 Indian Powerplus, an original survivor that was with the original owners family until recently. It is the best preserved, original paint, pre 1920’s motorcycle that I have ever seen. The nickel and paint have NOT been polished and merely wiped down. The nickel on the fender braces and other parts is beautiful but covered in decades of dirt and grime. In 1917, Indian Motocycle sent nearly it’s entire production of 17’s to Europe to support the troops in World War 1. Those machines were Olive Drab so having an original, Indian Red 17 that wasn’t sent overseas is truly a rare treasure. I have only ridden the bike once and that was December 31, 2017 when I took her for a ride around the block on the last day of it’s 100 year birthday which I have on video. I have additional photos the I can supply upon request to 757///////681///////1695 as well as other interesting information. The motor is solid with amazing compression, shifts easily in all three gears and all linkages, levers etc. work freely . The inside of the fuel tanks and oil tank look like new, absolutely amazing! The bike comes with the original tool kit, original Goodyear tire repair kit can, original Goodyear Tires and title and I will also include and Original 1917 Indian Sales and Parts catalogs. The tires have been replaced with Reproduction Firestone NONSKIDs, plug wires have been replaced with era correct wire and the muffler and battery box cover is not original to the bike. The last three photos are of the bike as it was being removed from hibernation. Look at the photos and you will note that the gold pinstripes are still visible and solid on EVERY PANEL. This is truly one of a kind, don’t be the one looking at this bike in someone else’s collection...........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1917-Indian-/193612658280

WOW, amazing machine! Too rich for my blood though....

Comment

Working...
    X