• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '30 Scout 101

All,
    I have put my '30 101 Scout up for sale on Ebay here:

HTML Code:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1930-Indian-Scout-101/202324644697?hash=item2f1b7d1359:g:3y8AAOSw~U5bDBDU
    Older restoration and a great runner. Call or email me if you would like additional information on its history.
    Thanks
    Mark Scott
    512-293-7036
    mark.scott@austin.rr.com
    IMG_2404_edited-3.jpg
    '27 Scott Flying Squirrel, '30 Indian 101 Scout, many 60's to 80's others

30 scout 101

Mark i saw your bike on ebay ,its a fine machine and a credit to you ,i will one day own a 101 , Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob. It is a fine bike and I hate to see it go but it is time for someone else to enjoy it.
      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by markscott View Post
        Thanks Rob. It is a fine bike and I hate to see it go but it is time for someone else to enjoy it.
        It's a really nice example Mark, hope you do well with it! If I can ask, what color paint did you use? (Asking because I'm a year at least away from painting the same year 101.)
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

bigchief2.jpg

Harry, I hope this number is still good. I got it directly from George Yarocki and painted my 1924 Big Chief with this color:

Indian Red, PPG, DAR 51049 SC, Red
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric! As you can imagine there's a few different shades of red floating around! George's DAR 51049 is spoken of quite often in colors for 20's Indians, and George also mentioned DuPont B 8419, Midnite Caynon Red... not certain if those two are exactly the same? I have a friend painting his 101 this summer, he has his frame already painted using George's 51049 number, it looks fairly deep, almost maroon in some light... and I like that! But, I think he told me the DAR 51049 is not available, so we'll see!

I've seen Indians that were too bright red for my taste, and Markscott's Ebay bike looks like a good, not too bright red so that's why I asked! At least I have a "guinea pig" friend who is painting this summer that I can reference!

Comment

That is quite a disappointment to hear that DAR 51049 is no longer available. I loved the color and liked it's chameleon characteristics based on the light it was in. I was going to repaint my 1948FL that color just so I could reminisce about my old, and departed '40 Chief. I'll be anxious to hear what you come up with, Harry.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Hey Harry,
                My bike came to me with this paint when I bought it in 2010. I do like the darker tone of red. I don't know what it is though.
                Mark

Comment

Originally posted by markscott View Post
                  Hey Harry,
                  My bike came to me with this paint when I bought it in 2010.
                  Thanks Mark! I see your Ebay bike has gone past your reserve, nice!

Comment

Yup. My bike is going to a new owner outside Chicago. Fine gentleman who is probably a member of the AMCA too. Going to miss it.
                    Thanks to all for looking.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X