Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted 5 inch air cleaner ,spot lights

wanted : 6 inch air cleaner ,set of spot lights restoration on 1940 el
    no repops ,not bent , spots to have screw in rear of bucket originals only please .
    email direct militaryrider@embarqmail.com
    thank you jim phillips
    correction !!! miss typed email address
    Last edited by militaryrider; 12-04-2010, 03:32 PM.

Can't help you Jim but I believe you mean a 6" air cleaner!
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Jim,

check your email, I sent you some pictures of a 6 inch air cleaner I have for sale.

Matt

Comment

emails didnt go through, is the email address you posted correct.

Matt
        803-287-8575

Comment

On the subject of 5" air cleaners. I have been told that the early models had a cast cover and were held on by screws. Second design had stamped cover also held on by screws. Third design stamped cover with the "J" slot twist lock. Does anybody have pictures of the first two?
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I think the olsen's have repopped the first two that you are speaking of. A few years ago a guy I know had a 6" aircleaner that was shaped just like a j-slot 6 inch but it had 4 screws and and no HD bar and shield on the face. That was the only original one that I have ever seen and it was in bad condition.

Comment

6 inch air cleaner

My mistake , 6 inch air cleaner ,email militaryrider@embarqmail.com thanks

Comment

Chris I cannot find the photo I have of the late 37 6" air cleaner but here are the 1st and 3rd types that I am aware of. I am not familiar with any cast air cleaner. The first photo is a 7" with the 3rd and 1st style of 6". The 2nd and 4th photos are of the 38 to 40 3rd style. The 3rd and 5th photos are of the 35 to late 1937 style.

I will post the 2nd style as soon as I find the photo but it is basically the one with the flat front and the logo only with the holes of the rounded front one instead of the J-slot.

My belief is that the 2nd series of air cleaner is the rarest and probably was only around in late 1937. I have only seen 2 of them in my life.

The early 6" air cleaner on the right is the original cleaner that was on my 36EL2025

Jerry
                Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 12-04-2010, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X