knuckle air cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knuckle air cleaner

Not so much for sale as for trade. I have a 7" air cleaner for a knuckle in very good original shape that I would like to trade for a stainless steel one in similar condition. As you can see in the pics, original service tag is still in place, though a bit tough to read as the background color is mostly gone. Original chrome with some slight wear and scratches, nothing that goes through the nickle plate underneath. all J slots in nice condition. No dents or dings, nice piece.

Brian Howard AMCA#5866

I am not sure exactly when stainless appeared. I just checked and all the stainless I have are the Panhead type with the center screw.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

i thought 49 was the first year stainless

Comment

I have a stainless J-slot. I'll have to dig it out.
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I have a very nice SS j slot in similar condition. The only flaw I see is that the instruction tag was riveted on with small screws. If interested in a trade let me know and I will post some pictures or PM me.

Bob Patza
          AMCA no.13275

Comment

Bob, either post pics here or send me a PM with them.
            Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Heres a try at some pictures. On the left side of the instruction tag there is a very small ding from the riveting as shown in the third picture.The j slots and everything else look very good. No dents or scratches. Will polish up real nice or used as it is. I ran this on one of my 47s for 10s of thousands of miles.
              Bob Patza
              AMCA no. 13275
              Attached Files

Comment

Sent you a PM Bob.
                Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Working...
                X