Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1955, 1st year, BT Straightleg rigid frame: PRISTINE with original paint!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955, 1st year, BT Straightleg rigid frame: PRISTINE with original paint!

This is a nice one! Paint is wearing off into a most beautiful patina. Not chipped paint, "worn"....

NOTHING has been cut off, NOTHING has been altered, Definately NOT bent anywhere or ever worked on...no cracks upon inspection either!...looks to have been nicely stored since dissasembled. I rubbed it down with Gibbs for preservative...NOT ONE SPECK OF RUST ON IT!

The neck lock has the '55 NON-PLATED cover. The date is clearly marked on the upper motor mount. All hallmarks where expected.

Not inexpensive, guys...Sorry! I paid EXACTLY what I'm asking for it and I can prove my purchase price!

REASON FOR SALE: I found a complete '55 (also NOT cheap!) and it's frame is in equal condition so I won't be cannabalizing (Sp?) her just to use this Pristine frame I have here for sale.

If you need any info on her, email me: jfranco@ureach.com or you can come here but I only check in once or twice a week.

Price: $4000 plus shipping (Estimate $150 to the furthest parts of the U.S., less if you live closer). I live in Seattle.

Thanks..

Jim
    Last edited by Bobber59; 12-29-2009, 09:09 PM. Reason: added some info!

Bobber59,
    The straightleg frame first appears on late '54 models, not new for '55. Just so you know. The date code on the right side of the top motor mount tells the month and year built.
    Robbie
    Late '54FLE straightleg.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

My frame number (at the top motor mount) is a 1954 date code. I believe the first straightlegs had non-stainless steel neck locks...and to the best of my knowledge...ONLY the first year had this...the '56 & '57 were stainless-steel I believe. As with 1949 Hydraglide forks...the first year ONLY is stamped with a 48 date code at the top of the fork slider (although I have seen an embossed 1949 code on some!) but I assume (I know I don't have the knowledge or being the age where I could have seen this with my own eyes!) that the first year HD utilized the hydraglide fork was not '48, but 1949!

Consequently, I assumed the same was true with this straightleg frame ...though my frame's top motor mount has a 1954 date code, I thought it had been a 1955 change but your information appears correct....I stand corrected on attributing the "55-57" straighleg frame to be inclusive ONLY of those years, '55-'57!

Thank you Rub for the education. Never too old to learn something!

Jim
      Last edited by Bobber59; 01-01-2010, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Bobber59,
        Your frame could stillbe for the '55 production year since the new models started in fall of '54 but i just wanted to point out that '54 was the first year for the straightleg frame.
        Happy New Year
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I'm good with that....Thanks much Robbie. Happy New Year to you also.

Jim

Comment

Bobber, are there any burn marks on this frame, or evidence that it's been in a fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
              Bobber, are there any burn marks on this frame, or evidence that it's been in a fire?

ABSOLUTELY NOT! This is a pristine frame...the likes of which are rarely found. I will not and have not touched the "patina" on this frame and there is still alot of paint on this frame that would validate original condition. If you are seriously interested...I'll take some time and potograph it digitally. You can contact me at: jfranco@ureach.com ..........

Jim

Comment

Heres a pic of a straight leg in my shop and it clearly says April 54
                AMCA #3149
                http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Working...
                X