1946 WL for sale -Original Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946 WL for sale -Original Paint

1946 WL For Sale -Original paint, unmolested time capsule.

Bike purchased 17 years ago in Milwaukee WI. Looks to have had a minor fender bender (literally) and then it was parked for 40-50-years. This bike is complete with all its original parts and running gear, with a few small exceptions.

When I purchased this bike, the right handlebar was bent, the right tank dented, the front fender was bent/dented and the rear frame kickstand was rusted from ground contact for so long.
    Also, one fin on the rear head was cracked off at some point.
    Thankfully, when the machine was stored, all the fluids were drained, leaving the tanks in mostly great condition. The exception was a small amount of oil in the oil tank. This caused a small area of rot in the oil tank.

This is a list of what was done to bring this bike back to life and make it run flawlessly for me the past 15 years.
    • New handlebars welded to original center section by Faber Cycle.
    • Speedo repaired, (not restored) by John Bordas
    • Oil tank repaired by me (A&P mech) with a formed steel patch that was applied internally using aviation fuel tank sealant (proseal) and painted by a body shop in the repair area only
    • Rear stand replaced with correct Harley replacement
    • Saddlebags repaired and conserved by Worsham Castle Leather
    • Generator maintained and converted to two brush by me
    • Relay converted to solid state using original base and cover
    • Battery 6v Sealed unit
    • Added NOS WLA buddy springs to original buddy seat
    • Added replica mirror to original clamp
    • Replaced original float with rubber ducky float this spring
    • Added PEEK tip to original fuel shutoff rod, aligned fuel rod to seat
    • I have not washed this bike since I’ve owned it, I rub it down with an oily rag and leave it alone

This is a 1-2 kick bike that runs, shifts and stops great! It has an unmolested VIN and matching case #’s. I have a clear WI Tile in my name with all the correct matching info on it.

The 1946 model year was still subject to Wartime limitations on chrome and other materials. As such, this was not a flashy offering by Harley as compared to the pre or post war years. Palmer calls this model years "Plain Jane's" This bike is what it was like when the boys came home from WWII, leaving their WLA’s and buying a civilian Harley to experience the freedom they had just fought for.

I’m asking $25,000 for this unrestored, unmolested bike.

If you're interested, let me know and I will provide lots of current photos and videos

Thanks,
    Ed Lamb
    414-732-5320
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

This beauty has found a new home.

Comment

Working...
    X