Barn cleanout—Miscellaneous Parts, Allentown PA area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn cleanout—Miscellaneous Parts, Allentown PA area

Fresh out of the barn. Bought on a tip from a friend. Told the guy who sold them if any of this stuff was valuable I would bring him back more cash, and I will.

Please message or call to discuss buying/shipping/whatever; this stuff is a little earlier than I'm experienced with and I don't want to make myself look like an ass with inappropriate prices. (XXX) XXX-XXXX, my name is Lemmy.

If something is wrong here, please correct me! Remember, the difference between a mistake and fraud is intent—I'm just another goober trying to offload his junk, I'm not a museum curator. If I can answer a question or take a measurement or you want a different picture, just ask!

J-slot air cleaner cover1930 V engine basket case
    • Good VIN, no title. (C suffix... Canada? Never seen this before, but this is both a) older than I normally work with and b) definitely good numbers to my eye.)
    • Non-matching bellies, unclear if this motor was ever together and running
    • Left side case has some damage from when something came apart, but looks very fixable. (See pics, up near the spigot on the inside of the left case)
    • Jugs look OK visually, have not measured anything
    • Appear to be original valves
    • Rotating assembly has wheels, rods, and slugs
    • Pistons are .040 over, but again, I'm not sure if this was just pieces being built into a motor, or if it was ever together and running, so don't take that to mean the jugs are also .040 over
    • Three lifters and blocks, one block has a busted ear but the ear is with the block
    • Cam cover is present and accounted for, has oil pump and some timer guts
    • Carby and intake are there but maybe are not correct for year? M51 Linkert, choke plate and throttle plate both move
    • Two heads. Some broken fins on one. No ring damage marks on the insides where they usually get mangled up
    • Four cams. Look runnable but not mint? Not sure if these can have fresh lobes installed, but the gear end of things looks pretty good to me. A couple internal gears in the pile along with some rando hardware.
    • Pics: https://imgur.com/a/6m36U3Y
    Fork
    • I believe this to be a fork from a model B or model C
    • I believe this to be so because '27 still had no brakes, but the I-beam style fork began in '30. (I think?)
    • I am not a historian
    • Looks super-nice to my eye
    • I don't see any casting marks so I can't give them, but if there is one I am not seeing and I can get it for you, just give me some direction.
    • Pics: https://imgur.com/a/wNxgDBa
    Last edited by govmule84; 11-01-2021, 06:25 AM.

The C suffix means the engine left the factory with cast iron pistons. Should be a C stamped in the flywheels as well assuming they're the correct items.

Comment

Good info, thanks!

Comment

All parts sold. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X