Oley Goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton,
    I didn't mention anything about the guns, except that is possible to print them.
    I have shot competition for a long time, I know what a proper gun is.

I have actually done something similiar to what you want to do with a carby.
    During a project to make manganese dioxide, I had a clear acrylic electrochemical cell made that was see through.
    We were able to see inside the cell and determine where the reactions were occuring on the electrodes. Worked very well.
    This cell was machined out of flat stock, not printed as discussed, then chemically polished to make it see through.
    Cheers.
    Mick

Comment

I confess, Mick!

I confess to reading about the 'printed' weapons online, but my reply meant to focus on 'printing', honest..

A carb body or bowl could be cast roughly, but the machining and polishing to achieve optics upon the idle circuit alone would be prohibitive.
      ("In-house", anyway..)

So I dream of what the promises of this new tech could do for understanding History.
      Just a dream.

....Cotten
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-17-2019, 12:41 PM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

The complexity of 3D printing is getting better by the day. Chemical polishing is a very easy, cost effective and successful technology.
        I agree that with today's state of the technology, it is prohibitive to do this. I think in 5 years time, it may be advanced enough to do what you want.
        Today they are printing human organs, tomorrow who knows what is possible.

Besides, dreams make history.

Cheers,
        Mick

Comment

All I have to do then, Mick,..

Is live that long.

The Schebler DLX/Linkert design was the crux of American motorcycles for about six decades.
          Two serious decades of study on my own, and I still don't know how they work.

George Schebler was a genius.
          And even L&L's improved idle bleed is as enigmatic to me as the Egyptian Pyramids.

....Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-17-2019, 01:22 PM.
          AMCA #776

Comment

I thought guys like you lived forever?

Comment

Originally posted by aumick10 View Post
              I thought guys like you lived forever?
              Only in the movies, Mick!

....Cotten
              AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
              X