Very Late 1945 Early 1946 Big Twin Frame for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Late 1945 Early 1946 Big Twin Frame for Sale

I have a very nice BT frame that I have had for 30+ years for sale. I thought I would see if anyone on the Forum was interested before posting it on Ebay. It is exactly what Palmer describes on pages 44 and 45 in his most recent book under Very Late 1945-early 1946. All the forging numbers match his chart. The frame would be correct for 1946 OHV motors below 1711 and possibly up to 2272 and 1946 BTSV below 1300 and possibly up to 1600 according to Palmer. I media blasted it yesterday and found no damage and no repairs. There is a minor indentation on one of the bottom front tubes and minor surface pitting on a couple spots on one of the axle plates, but other than those two cosmetic issues, it is near perfect. I checked the threads and they are all good. Everything looks straight to me, but I would highly recommend having it checked by a professional before starting a restoration project. A frame of the same vintage recently sold on Ebay for $6700 (still posted in the sold items) and it had been repaired. I would like $7500 for this one, not sure what it would bring on Ebay. I know I bid $8500 on a 1937 BT frame last week on Ebay that sold for just under $10,000. Send me a PM if you are interested and we can go from there. Shipping costs have recently gone up. I shipped a 1937 frame from CO to TN last week and it was about $220, about a $100 more than it did previously. Thanks

What is the best way to ship frames cross country these days?

Comment

I don't know what the best way is, my two options here are FedX and UPS both quotes were within $20.

Comment

I know most people don't have this opportunity but i have sold a frame, and i am taking this opportunity to include a roar trip to deliver it.
        Looking forward to the trip and more of this country.
        Cheers,
        Mick

Comment

How can normal people afford to own these motorcycles with frames this much? You guys are pricing yourself right out of your own hobby. It has gotten way out of control!

Please, nothing toward you Shane.

Comment

Ya--The good old days. Bought my first bike out of a junk yard-1948 Chief with a busted piston-for $25.00. Got a used piston from a friend and rode it for a couple years. I don't even remember checking clearance. Had to reset timing about every 20 miles until my Dad found a sheared pin on the distributor gear.

Comment

Working...
            X