Harley side car VL not sure the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley side car VL not sure the year

I am not totally sure what year but I was told it is fits a VL. Tub is very nice frame & wheel look good. Missing fender. $4500.00 Can deliver to Oley meet. Tub is not attached to frame. I can't find any numbers on the frame.
    Attached Files

Doc didnt Harley have chassis numbers on there sidecars ? i through knuckles did ? VLs ? Rob nice shed

Comment

Sidecar frame number is usually on top of the fore and aft tube nearest the bike. Format would be say 31 LT 1234 for a 1931 LT sidecar.

Comment

Sold sidecar

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
          Sidecar frame number is usually on top of the fore and aft tube nearest the bike. Format would be say 31 LT 1234 for a 1931 LT sidecar.
          That's correct, but I'd mention that I've discovered that there are many old Harley sidecars out there that were built off sidecar frames from dealer stock, and never got a stamped number, so it's not that unusual. The numbers would be on the fore-and-aft tube right about where your boot would pass when kickstarting the bike, if that's any help.
          Gerry Lyons #607
          http://www.37ul.com/
          http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

I heard there is a KIT that will retrofit a VL package car to a FL Knuck or Pan, Does anyone sell one or have one? John 951-830-0393 Thank YOu

Comment

Originally posted by Coolair1956 View Post
              I heard there is a KIT that will retrofit a VL package car to a FL Knuck or Pan, Does anyone sell one or have one? John 951-830-0393 Thank YOu
              I have most of a kit. Jerry

Comment

Something just doesn't seem right about the body. It doesn't have the raised bead that travels the length of the body for 1927 and later, but it appears to have the correct rear shape for 1927 and later... I suppose it could be an older reproduction.

Comment

Goulding for Hen/Ex body?

Comment

Also the rivets around the top front aren't right. The latch on the door isn't Harley.
                    Bob Selph
                    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
                    1940 Sport Scout
                    AMCA#15215

Comment

It is a factory sidecar someone replaced the latch. It has been sold

Comment

Working...
                      X