No announcement yet.

BABY BOSCH MAGNETO - COMPLETELY REBUILT - WLDR/WR, VL/UL - TTs & Hillclimbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BABY BOSCH MAGNETO - COMPLETELY REBUILT - WLDR/WR, VL/UL - TTs & Hillclimbers

BABY BOSCH MAGNETO - For Sale is an extremely rare and hard to find Racing Magneto made by Bosch in Germany. It is a Baby Bosch FFVL Racing Magneto for Harley Davidson twin cylinder racing motorcycles such as WLDR/WR, VL/UL TTs and Hillclimbers. Harley Davidson Part # SA-830. It is counterclockwise rotation when viewing it from the drive gear end from inside the timing gear case, as shown by an arrow. It is marked as a 45 degree unit. A Harley Davidson Race Shop drawing shows how to mount this magneto on the 1939 WLDR beginning with serial # 39WLDR1343. I have the twin to this magneto mounted on a 39WLDR as shown in those instructions. Carefully examine the photo (Google it) of the famous racer Sam Arena in 1938 and you will see a Baby Bosch Racing Magneto just like this one mounted on his 39 WLDR factory racer, which was built and tuned by the legendary Tom Sifton of Sifton Camshaft fame. The end cap of this magneto has a short circuiting terminal built into the cap so all you have to do is run a single wire from the cap to a kill switch or horn button to stop the engine. This magneto has been completely re-manufactured by Rudy Calin of REBUILTMAGS.COM, Forest Lake, MN. Rudy has been rebuilding magnetos for 20 years. Rudy says, "I test everything and replace parts that don't meet specs. What you get is a perfectly operating magneto with a one year Warranty.". The magneto was carefully refurbished while leaving the exterior patina as undisturbed as possible. The retard/advance arm can be moved to the position that suits your setup. This magneto is in excellent refurbished condition and is ready to install on your motorcycle. It includes the very hard to find "threaded plugs" that hold the spark plug wires in the "brush holders". I will carefully package this magneto and ship it fully insured . I will include copies of the Harley Race Shop Instructions and the Bosch FFVL Manual. Please contact me if you have any questions. $1200, obo. pjs94038@@@@@sbcglobal.net (just use one @, remove the rest)

I have a mag just like this. Any chance I could get a copy of the race shop instructions?
    Thanks
    Mark Masa
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Never mind. Found it at http://beautyofspeed.com/data/doc_19...ruct/index.htm
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Working...
      X