No announcement yet.

Knucklehead late 39-40 Frame + Gas Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the looks of the motorcycle. And I have a nice resto grade 46F motor that would slide right in the empty spot. The Knuckle-Hydraglide is a good combo. It is too bad my income does not allow for me to fulfill all my motorcycle fantasies. Good luck with the sale, someone will have to have that beautiful roller.
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Cool Bike. I like all that accessory stuff. That is a B&H shifter, not a Speedy shifter though, two totally different animals.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Robbie- First bike I have ever owned in the last 40 years I have been fooling with pans and knuckles that had the foot shift conversion. Never paid much attention to them and the differences. Pretty neat stuff all over this machine. Sad but I can't keep all of them. happy Holidays Robbie! Jp

Comment

Wish I could pull it off but outside my budget as well. Happy holidays to you too.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by koanes View Post
            I really like the looks of the motorcycle. And I have a nice resto grade 46F motor that would slide right in the empty spot. The Knuckle-Hydraglide is a good combo. It is too bad my income does not allow for me to fulfill all my motorcycle fantasies. Good luck with the sale, someone will have to have that beautiful roller.
            That Glide Chassis right now has a running Knuckle motor in it.
            I found a 49 Pan Motor and might just sell the Knuckle Motor and keep the bike.
            That eliminates another complicated expenisve Knuckle build from scratch. Happy Holiday everyone! 46el

Comment

Originally posted by koanes View Post
              Kyle- Thanks for the offer but that pan roller chassis has a running Knuckle motor in it right now but the cases have some problems.
              I just found a 49 Motor and have decided to sell the Knuckle Motor and keep the bike for now.
              It is a lot easier than starting another long term Knuckle project from scratch. Happy Holidays everyone. Jp

Comment

I understood that it was your intention to keep the Knuck motor that was in it. I'm very attached to my early 46 motor and have been casually shopping for an interesting complete roller to just install the motor into and go. I have no desire to try to piece together a resto these days. I have enough of those projects saved for retirement that are fairly complete, fortunately. I am glad to hear you have a motor to install to keep it together. Some greedy bastard would be all too happy to tear it apart and sell every small component.
                Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Sad to say and admit but I have had to tear apart a few in the last couple of years.
                  When you need the money you need the money and something has to go.
                  My collection is down to only a few now after 40 years of collecting.
                  When I was younger I never thought about health concerns like cancer, heart problems,
                  auto immune disorders that have all affected me and my wife personally plus both our immediate families.
                  Buy at 58 now I have lost a ton of friends even younger than me to illnesses and accidents and even a few doctor related screwups.
                  And if i see someone parting something out I now think beyond the whole "greed" thing wondering what shadow life has cast upon them. Jp

Comment

I'm still getting replies about the frame and tanks from some of you who spoke with my friend John.
                    Just got word and sad to say but my friend John passed away just before new years.
                    We spoke with each other about early Knuckles and parts all the time but I never did get the chance to meet him personally.
                    I always referred to him as the "old timer" and I am shocked as I just learned he was only 59 years old.
                    He was the third person in their 50's I knew well who passed away in 2014 who had a love for old motorcycles. 46EL

Comment

Sorry to hear your friend has passed, especially at such a young age. I'm also 59 so this is a good reminder to take care of myself...Mike

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend 46EL. We chase these bikes, and parts but it's the friends we make on the way that really leaves a mark.
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend, see you in Florida John,

Comment

Florida? Not me, never been there even for vacation. Never even been south past Jersey believe it or not.
                            Have friends and family in Florida and could go anytime but I hate hot weather. Didn't make Oley last year and this year is up in the air still. Jp

Comment

Working...
                            X