Value of my 42 WLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of my 42 WLA

As of this time I am looking for information on just what the value may be for my 42 WLA. As you can see it has been civilianized and I know the cylinder heads are not correct. It does have an oil leak or two and I did see some gas seepage but it starts right up and runs very well. It is not perfect but let`s face it the bike is 72 years old. I expect to be a little rough and leak a little when I am 72 if I live that long. I put in a new battery, changed the oils, installed a new speedometer cable and put on a new front tire from Coker this past winter. The front tire is a 18 inch and the rear is a 16 inch. It does have some body filler on the front of the right tank. The license plate, spot lights and bar will not go with the bike. I want to keep them. If you want a nice old WLA that could use a little bit of fine tuning then this may be your bike. If your looking for a 100% AMCA show winner then you may want to look at another WLA. I am sure with a little TLC this would be a great bike. Thanks in advance for any information that is provided on the value of my bike and if the value is something that sounds good to me I most likely will be advertising it here on the form. Thank you. Mark.DSCN3743.jpgDSCN3742.jpgDSCN3741.jpgDSCN3740.jpg

Mark,if it is any help I sold my military 42WLA on ebay last oct, it brought 9500.00, thanks, Larry

Comment

Hi Larry, That is what I was figuring the value may be. If I were to start at a price near this figure it would not be firm and I know I can always drop it the but it can`t never raise it. Thank you. Mark.

Comment

I have decided to put the bike up for sale. I am going to start at $9500.00 or best offer. I can take additional pictures if needed. Thank you. Mark.

Comment

Good luck Mark. The bike looks really nice and even if it isn't correct it looks great and should be a really fun rider for someone. And the asking price is very fair. Hope you get it!
          Robbie
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Update on fuel leak. I discovered this morning that the fuel filter cup was loose and that was causing the fuel leak. I tightened it down and no more leak. I had the bike running this morning. Thank you. Mark.

Comment

Good looking machine. Very tempting. Good luck with the sale Mark.

Kevin

Kevin
              https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

interested

Mark i am interested how do i contact you?

Comment

Bruce I sent you a PM. Thank you. Mark.

Comment

Bike is sold pending funds. Thanks to all for your interest.

Comment

Working...
                    X