OEM Knucklehead frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Knucklehead frame

I believe frame to be 41-46 Knucklehead/UL/ULH frame.
    This frame came from older gentleman who has a Knucklehead racer back in the day. As to the extra bracing on frame, see photo, I believe this was from one of his old race bikes.
    Some tabs missing, easy restoration.
    If interested email me for additional photos
    Asking $1950.
    Contact Ken at panhead.matz742@gmail.comDSC05947.jpg

there are at least three different frames between 1941-1946. 1941-1944 are brazed. '45 and '46 are welded. '45 has a different neck casting than '46. The welded frams still had brazed necks.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I believe frame to be 41-46 Knucklehead/UL/ULH frame.
      This frame came from older gentleman who has a Knucklehead racer back in the day. As to the extra bracing on frame, see photo, I believe this was from one of his old race bikes.
      Some tabs missing, easy restoration.
      If interested email me for additional photos
      Asking $1950.
      Contact Ken at panhead.matz742@gmail.com[ATTACH=CONFIG]12681[/ATTACH]
      Ken your frame is of the 1938 to 1940 vintage. The rear brake anchor tab is 1938 and up and the neck is 1940 and down. 1940 would have a nice factory relief under the big backbone tube where the yellow circle is. 1938 would have the brake anchor tang welded on instead of an integral casting.

Jerry
      Attached Files

Comment

[Jerry..Thanks for your help in identifying the frame that I had listed for sale. As I believed it to be a 41-46 as I advertised. After hearing from you I believe it to be 39 as there is no relief in the backbone area , brake stay seems to be one solid casting and not welded.
        QUOTE=Jerry Wieland;137922]Ken your frame is of the 1938 to 1940 vintage. The rear brake anchor tab is 1938 and up and the neck is 1940 and down. 1940 would have a nice factory relief under the big backbone tube where the yellow circle is. 1938 would have the brake anchor tang welded on instead of an integral casting.

Jerry[/QUOTE]

Comment

This frame has sold.

Comment

Working...
          X