Rare HD industrial engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare HD industrial engine

Harley Davidson industrial engine, early 30's vintage, this one said to have powered a paint pump for highway striping from a side car rig or trike.
    Missing kick starter, broken exhaust manifold, has no compression. Plan to haul to Davenport for shipping option. Email for questions at chiefies@yahoo.com
    pix:

and now I can report that it runs! Took me about an hour and a half. Dusted the points and the plug, did a little rinsing of the tank and the carb, squirt some oil into the spark plug hole, used a variable-speed drill and driver with 1/2" socket on the bolt next to the kick-starter driven gear, poured a little gas into the carb intake, pulled the trigger on the drill, and it spoke for about 4 seconds. Poured gas into the tank, pulled the trigger again, ran it for about 3 minutes while the governor kept it at about 1000 rpm. Shut it down by closing the throttle.
    This one was a little too easy, but still quite satisfying.
    See it at d-port.

Comment

This is what they look like after they sit outside for 50 years.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
        looks like you could spare the kick-starter off of that one,...... doncha think? ... Seriously??
        Noticed the mag is different too. I have a screwdriver that I acquired while in the army 40 years ago, never used it as a screwdriver until today!! I actually got around the corner to get those back screws.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
          We got flunked off of ebay, something to do with "category" (?!!)
          See you interested folks at D-port. Ask to hear and see it run.

Comment

Working...
          X