Harley Davidson VL OEM Solo Seat Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley Davidson VL OEM Solo Seat Pan

For Sale: Currently covered in black material but NOT sure what material. Fits VL and possible others. $150 obo + shipping/ins. 724-258-3342

Isn't eBay a more suitable forum for these ads?

Comment

Steve,
      Why do you object? Isn't this section of the forum intended for members to offer other members their spares?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
        Isn't eBay a more suitable forum for these ads?
        Really? You suggest that it's inappropriate for AMCA members to offer fellow members parts for sale-- here on the AMCA member-only forum..???
        Can you please explain why?

Comment

Ebay charges. The forum is free right? You would definitely get more hits on Ebay(probably what Steve ment). I like it listed on here, i feel like i have a better shot at getting something. Usually i just call Steve or shop on Ebay, glad to see VL parts on here just wish he could have waited till after Christmas to list them all i can use another frame, just Christmas take alot of my extra spending money.

Comment

Just wanted to let you folks know that the reason we're listing on this site is that we want the parts to go to someone who can appreciate them for what they are and also to use them. It's amazing that these over 70 year old parts are still around. We've had some of these parts stored for over 35 to 40 years just in case we needed them on our '35 VL. Just saying...and I'm sure there will be Xmas leftovers.

Comment

Thank you for posting HDVL1935
              AMCA #6151

Comment

This is the "for sale" section of the forum after all.
                Mark
                Mark Masa
                www.linkcycles.com

Comment

I totally agree with Kozy. Ebay and the internet has helped our hobby at times but many times has priced many regular folks out of the market for items that would have been better suited to those with shallower pockets. Some call it "Evilbay" I don't know if that's true but I remember when many things were attainable in the paper want ads when things were done locally.

Originally posted by Kozy View Post
                  Steve,
                  Why do you object? Isn't this section of the forum intended for members to offer other members their spares?

Comment

Personally, I like to see the for sale and wanted stuff posted on here first so we can get a shot at it. I trust the folks here a hell of a lot more than other sites like ebay. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
                    And yes, this is the Classified section.
                    Rich
                    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Dear All, maybe we need a 'fair use' rule for our bulletin board. I thought 11 for sale items between 26 Nov and 07 Dec was excessive, and of course the phone number is also visible to non-AMCA members visiting the site. Our magazine only allows one member ad per issue, and trade advertisers must take display ads. This member has really posted only ads on the forum, and it looks like a trader being cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
                        Personally, I like to see the for sale and wanted stuff posted on here first so we can get a shot at it. I trust the folks here a hell of a lot more than other sites like ebay. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
                        And yes, this is the Classified section.
                        Rich
                        Steve, I agree with the above quote 100% If I remember right from his first ad, it was stuff in his family for a long time, so what if he joined just to sell his parts as you say? Isn't it better for members to give members the first chance at buying parts. I for one would like to see ALOT more posted here before it goes to ebay. Chances are it will be used as intended. You say free advertising, well I'm pretty sure Craig's list is free, and from the gossip and alerting others on these forums the word spread pretty quickly. I used to work with this guy, (a welder), that would show up at the AMCA meets just to buy old parts to alter them. He was into Shovelheads before they were old enough to be judged. He would torch and weld every old part he found. I used to cringe when I saw him. I will even go so far to say that I feel the first day or first 1/2 day of every meet should only be open to members, isn't that one,(before I get jumped-I said one) of the reasons we are in this club, to help preserve, trade and build among members. My thoughts,I'm done.
                        BobAMCA#6738
                        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Seat has been sold. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
                            Dear All, maybe we need a 'fair use' rule for our bulletin board. I thought 11 for sale items between 26 Nov and 07 Dec was excessive, and of course the phone number is also visible to non-AMCA members visiting the site. Our magazine only allows one member ad per issue, and trade advertisers must take display ads. This member has really posted only ads on the forum, and it looks like a trader being cheap.
                            Steve
                            In the magazine there are hard costs proofreading and ad, in printing an ad onto the paper, and in mailing. Here on the web, any incremental costs to the club would be miniscule. It's a member who pays dues offering his parts to other dues paying members. I personally would like to see a hundred "for sale" postings per day.
                            JMO
                            Mark Masa
                            Mark Masa
                            www.linkcycles.com

Comment

I believe we stated our intent previously as to "why" we posted these items on the AMCA for sale forum. The obvious path since making our decision to sell the "old gal" (1935 Harley VL) and the parts we collected since first acquiring her was to list on the AMCA site. There was no other intent - that's it. We wanted the parts to be available to those who are truly motorcycle enthusiasts and to use the parts (not to resell them just to make a quick buck). I'm sure all of you have quite a collection of parts just in case something breaks or wears out on your ride - right? Most of these parts are originals and not something you can easily acquire. And, if it wasn't anything except for these being VL Parts, would THIS even be an issue? The negativity generated was totally unnecessary and uncalled for and petty. So because of all of this, if you haven't noticed already, we have removed all of our photos and, unfortunately, decided on other routes and options. Again, we want to thank all who inquired and bought some of our parts. Tim and Cindy

Comment

Working...
                              X