1968 Electraglide For Sale - Needs Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 Electraglide For Sale - Needs Rebuild

I bought this bike from the original owner in the early 70's. It is very close to 100% bone stock except for the paint job. Unfortunately, the original owner had to paint it. It was originally the Electraglide In Blue color.

The bike does not run and needs an engine rebuild. The bike developed a knocking that sounded like piston slap. I disassembled the engine to diagnose the noise and I discovered a very slight shake where the rods connect to the crank shaft. I planned to do this project myself, but I have lost interest. I reassembled the engine and stuck it back in the bike so it is all together in one piece. To be clear, the bike ran fine before I took it apart except for the engine knock. I did not split the cases. I discovered nothing else wrong with the engine other than its time has come and it needs to be rebuilt.

I have more pictures, including pictures of the pistons, which I have, but did not bother sticking back in the bike. I know a lot about the bike having owned it so long and will tell you whatever you need to know. I certainly don't mind corresponding about it.

You could rebuild the engine and drive it as is or you could restore it.

I would like to get $6k for it, but I am open to offers. I live in the Minneapolis area. You can email me at jisaacson2003@yahoo.com.
    Attached Files

Price reduced to $5,300.

Comment

Working...
    X