FOR SALE : 1947 Knucklehead gas tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR SALE : 1947 Knucklehead gas tanks

For sale;1947 Knucklehead match pair gas tanks.Came off my 41 FL as I found correct tanks for it.Very solid tanks.Please email any questions,if serious can bring to Rhinebeck NY AMCA meet.$1200 oldcycle@rogers.com or call 519-641-1878 thanks Rick
    Attached Files

pm sent. I didn't want to point out the discrepancy in public.
    AMCA 26656

47EL
    47WL

Comment

hey there garbage .tell it like it is.

Comment

Sadly the pictured tanks are Panhead, not Knucklehead, tanks of some unknown year as it is impossible to see what type of emblem mounts were removed from them. They have also been poorly modified to fit a cat-eye dash. The inside of '47 tanks are unique and look like these with no indentations for head clearance.
        Robbie

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
          Sadly the pictured tanks are Panhead, not Knucklehead, tanks of some unknown year as it is impossible to see what type of emblem mounts were removed from them. They have also been poorly modified to fit a cat-eye dash. The inside of '47 tanks are unique and look like these with no indentations for head clearance.
          Robbie

Thats not true Robbie, I have had both types of 47 tanks. From what I have gathered by looking at a lot of original 47's is that the earlier 47's have the smooth bottoms like you have shown and later ones have the indentations. Dont know when it started but There is definitely 2 types.

About the tanks for sale, there is a lot wierd things going on with them, mainly around where the dash fits in the tanks. It looks like the tanks were beat in to accomadate an earlier dash base?

Comment

hey everyone,thanks for your input to the tanks I have.As I said they were on my 41 FL and were originally bought at Syracuse Super swap a few yrs back.Was told when I found them they were 47 tanks.Most of my bikes are pre 30s American makes.I figured our forum would bring the experts out to give some critical input.They are what they are.Hey Uncle Loyd,don't beat up a brother.See ya all at Rhinebeck .

Comment

Here are 2 sets of 47 only tanks I have, the Black and white ones are the later style and the rusty ones are the earlier style, but both are original 47 only tanks with the right tank fuel fitting closer to the mounting bracket than 1948 and later tanks.

Comment

Working...
              X