Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannonball RIDERS> Mesinger Back-rest for Harley Mesinger Seat <See Picture Attached>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannonball RIDERS> Mesinger Back-rest for Harley Mesinger Seat <See Picture Attached>

I am going to reproduce this Mesinger Back-rest and wanted to see if anyone else would be interested in a finely crafted leather-wrapped seat back-rest. I am also going to develop another back-rest for the upper back. The design I have in mind will attach to the seat post and work independently to support the mid-back.

I you are INTERESTED IN A REPRODUCTION SEAT-BACK REST please reply.
    Attached Files

I dont know if you've ever ridden with one but I have and as far as I'm concerned they are better left at home. Very uncomfortable.
    The original ones are not very high and don't really support your back. They also prevent you shifting your position on the seat during long rides.
    Michael Parquette has on loan from me an original one that you should be able to get dimensions from if you so desire.
    Just remember you need the pan that has the three mounting nuts attached at the back so that you can attach this accessory.
    I'm not saying don't make them as they look good on a bike but I am saying try them before the Cannonball and make your own decision
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Thanks for your input! I didn’t know they were uncomfortable. I want the back-rest to add comfort when used alone. The goal will be to fabricate a 2 piece unit that operates independently to support the mid & lower back. My Mesinger seat has the 3 bolt mount as I think most due of that era?

Comment

Working...
      X