No announcement yet.

How to restore your Harley Davidson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youre telling me I dont get Brotherhood!! Who the Hell are You!!! Im a US Army Green Beret with 13 years in 6 combat tours and your talking to me like im some punk!! Screw you!!! What dont you get? The only reference I had for price was ebay where they have been selling for years for $150.+ Like I said before, I went off what I saw and thought was a good deal. Is this a brotherhood or some secret society that only people that meet your approval get to join? I tried to be civil here but if youre gonna keep giving me crap im gonna give it right back buddy.

And again, IM NEW TO THIS FORUM!!!! How am I to know that this is a sore spot with people here? Why didnt you get off your damn high horse and take the time to PM me with this information and give me the chance to correct the issue on this thread instead of high jacking it? This all could have been a lot more polite and productive if you would have thought before you typed and helped a new guy out rather than jumping on your soap box. Do you not get it? People make mistakes. Thanks for the grace and chance to learn, sarge.

Originally posted by Sargehere View Post
    Go find something that someone really wants, like a rare part to complete his bike, and sell it or trade it in a personal deal without gouging his eyes out to the restorer who wants it. In every deal, there need to be two satisfied parties, the seller and the buyer.
    You picked something that is already a sore spot for many people. We all know that it's a $40 basic reference book that the publisher allowed to go out-of-print while thousands of enthusiasts still need it. Do something about that, instead of seeking a 400% profit for a $40 book. You just don't get it, do you? Brotherhood, I mean.

--Gerry Lyons, 20 years U.S.Army, retired.
    Member Number: 19705

Comment

I was picking Cong out of nests high in the trees before you were thought of, kid. This forum is only an extension of the Antique Motorcycle Club of America, which you must've also just joined, by your number. Perhaps, you should have reconnoitered the lay of the land before trying to make your little killin' with overpriced copies of a well-known book. You see askin' prices like you stated on GreedBay, but few sales, except to newbies who don't know any better.

This is the club of antique motorcyclists dedicated to helping each other out, not gouging profits to finance the next bike. If you want to profit outrageously, go on eBay. You made a poor first impression here.

When you find yourself deep in a hole, it's best to know when when to stop digging. Thank you for your service and Welcome Home! As combat veteran, you deserve a second chance.
      Last edited by Sargehere; 06-02-2012, 08:15 PM.
      Gerry Lyons #607
      http://www.37ul.com/
      http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sargehere View Post
        I was picking Cong out of nests high in the trees before you were thought of, kid. This forum is only an extension of the Antique Motorcycle Club of America, which you must've also just joined, by your number. Perhaps, you should have reconnoitered the lay of the land before trying to make your little killin' with overpriced copies of a well-known book. You see askin' prices like you stated on GreedBay, but few sales, except to newbies who don't know any better.

This is the club of antique motorcyclists dedicated to helping each other out, not gouging profits to finance the next bike. If you want to profit outrageously, go on eBay. You made a poor first impression here.

When you find yourself deep in a hole, it's best to know when when to stop digging. Thank you for your service and Welcome Home! As combat veteran, you deserve a second chance.
        Im done here. Im here to learn about antique bikes, not gouge anybody or get into pissin contest with people. This is over and im still above ground. Roger?

Comment

Roger. Don't give up. It's a great club! But you'll find that "List" prices are for Greedbay. What trading goes on here is mostly between friends, and back-channel, by IM, often, because the deals, if there are any, are not for public scrutiny. It's just a learning curve. Sorry to hurt your feelings.
          Gerry Lyons #607

Comment

Books are off the table but I will leave this thread up so everyone knows that sarge and I are square and hes not a d!ck and im not scum.

Also to show that an old timer and a new kid can work things out. (insert smiley face)
            Last edited by Ramblin_Man; 06-03-2012, 06:32 AM.

Comment

It's nice to see everyone kissed and made up.

Comment

Moonshiner

What is your bike project/projects? How far along are you? You are not the first guy to be disassembled on this forum so relax and learn your way around, enjoy!

joe

Comment

I will echo Joe's comments... Moonshiner, let us know what you are up to with your motorsickle(s). You'll find plenty of help here if you need it. Once you get settled in you'll find that a pretty good bunch of folks hang around these parts.
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Moonshiner, Thanks for your service. Don't worry these same guys that gave you a hard time are also some of the most helpful ones on this forum as are many others. They just happen to be crotchety old men like I am on my way to be. One day you will also join that club, I can tell already. Hang around here long enough and you'll see.
                    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

hey sarge,cut the poor guy a little slak,remember a different war a different warrior.parts on all this stuff is already gone#@%^&nuts,say you where taking charlie out of the trees,I remember a flash light and an acp in a dark hole in the ground.lightem if you got them.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbodyman View Post
                        hey sarge,cut the poor guy a little slak,remember a different war a different warrior.parts on all this stuff is already gone#@%^&nuts,say you where taking charlie out of the trees,I remember a flash light and an acp in a dark hole in the ground.lightem if you got them.
                        You say "acp," like in .45 ACP, Colt Automatic Pistol. You were a tunnel rat, to fill in anyone still won'dring. Went down in to deep, dark holes to root out the kind of vermin that shoots back! Thank you for YOUR service also, Body Man. That took a lot of courage right there. Yup!
                        Gerry Lyons #607

Comment

You people at least are getting in the real world I like when buy something and the price goes up not down?

Comment

The printed in the usa editions are far better photo quality than the current printed in china editions. IMHO the printed in usa editions are worth the money for photo detail.....however, the photo's that Chris Haynes provides us from time to time are far better than all of the above....and he does it for free thanks Chris !
                            AMCA 26656

47EL
                            47WL

Comment

nobody likes a tiawan ted repop garbage books also!

Comment

Working...
                              X