X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1927 Henderson and sidecar for sale

P1260499.jpeg 1927 HENDERSON 4 CYLINDER WITH SIDECAR

BIKE IS REGISTERED ( TITLED) IN ONTARIO TO ME SERIAL # NCO26632A

A rare original patina bike 100% mechanically rebuilt with all new mechanical components

All ORIGINAL PATINA sheet metal and tank with no bodywork or fillers etc. Tank is PERFECT .

Never welded engine cases

Rare desirable “Ricardo” STANDARD BORE cylinders . New Egge piston skirts have anti fiction coating.

NO broken fins ever.

Crankshaft and babbiting by the legendary Mark Hill of “4th Coast Fours” Waddington New York

New valves guides and “barrel” shaped ( original style) springs and other engine parts from Thomas Fickau, Wisconsin

“Micropolished gears from 4th Coast fours. Bike has reverse gear as well. Shifts like butter.

King Clutch.

New Coker clincher tires

Super rare ORIGINAL “Mercury” wheel discs on all 3 wheels

All new wheel bearings and brakes and Coker clincher tires fitted.

Fork completely rebuilt .

Rare Clymer and Fyrac spot lights

RARE 1920’s era turn signals !

Oil pressure gauge and full flow oil filter.

KJ style generator rewound in Chicago by electrical wizard Frank Vandeveld to give 12 volts with hidden electronic regulator. Charges perfectly and all lights operational . Dual braking lights.

Custom made in England period correct aluminum “Zeppelin “ style sidecar body

Original correct Henderson/Excelsior semi Flxi sidecar chassis

Sidecar and electrics are “quick detach” to convert to solo riding.

RARE ORIGINAL “MAJESTIC” tandem attachment .

1928 Harley front wheel brake incorporated into sidecar wheel with separate braking lever

Perfect magneto and Zenith carb both original

Starts one kick, runs and handles like a dream

Extensive photo documentation of all work performed.

Operational video on YOUTUBE Search channel “1929brough”

Less than 500 miles since refurbishment.

Can crate and ship anywhere. Will sell without the sidecar if desired.
    Make a sensible offer.

You are too late for the Indian. It has already been sold
    Attached Files

That is stunning, Barry, and talk about 'well optioned'. There just aren't enough Hendersons in this world and seem to be quite rare on these forums. I hope you do well with it, and I envy the lucky person that gets it.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Beautiful gems Barry. If i had the pleasure of owning these, i would definitely regret $elling them, no matter what amount they hauled in. But, it sounds like You had plenty of fun times with them. Good luck on the sale.
      **By the way, those '20's turn < - - > signals are the...cats ass!

https://youtu.be/VXX66D16hHE ~~1927 Henderson & Zeppelin hack.
      https://youtu.be/NvPSWir0NN0 ----->1936 Indian 437 U/D Four.
      https://youtu.be/qFoknjg2RaE ----->1936 Indian 437 U/D Four.

*M.A.D.*
      Last edited by JoJo357; 08-17-2023, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys for the nice comments. It is painful to let stuff go and I actually bought 2 more bikes within the last month ! A 1939 Tiger 100 and a 1964 BMW R60. Pretty crazy to be buying more but they are both particular significant bikes to me. At 74 with a few health issues I figured it was time to let some of my babies go. I miss the Indian 4. It was one of the best bikes I ever owned. I put 10000 glorious miles on that beauty. I am not 100% sure I can bring myself to let the Hen go ! It's my only four and with the hack I don't have to worry about it falling over ! I won't be advertising it anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
        X