Larry Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Harris

We lost one of the Neshaminy Valley Chapter's favorite son's and long time member this morning, Larry Harris of Frenchtown, New Jersey. He leaves behind his wife Doreen, several children and grand children and his sister and his "little" brother Dave Harris of Storeham, Vermont. Larry was a true gentleman and friend of many. His long ride here is done may he rest in peace. We rode many National road runs from coast to coast and never missed an old diner or an ice cream parlor. Down the road Larry, Rich
    DrSprocket

RIP, Larry. He was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. A wealth of information for not only motorcycles but backroad travel as well. Larry will be missed.

Comment

"Big bro'" Larry and younger "Little Bro'" Dave Harris of the AMCA's Neshaminy Valley chapter are cherished friends I came to know after Rich Ostrander met them at the Temecula, CA Road Run several years ago and later introduced them to me. We have shared many good times on AMCA Road Runs ever since. They soon became "fly and ride pals" as sometimes we would fly east or they would fly west and we would provide each other with a motorcycle to ride. Otherwise, Rich and I would haul east to New Jersey or the Harris bros. would haul west. More than once they rode all the way from New Jersey to come out west, most notably to Santa Rosa, CA and to Kaslo, British Columbia Canada.
      Rich and I and all who enjoyed Larry's friendship will truly miss his character. Now, after a long battle, he is riding in the hereafter and will be smiling down on those of us who are glad we knew him. He's likely reminiscing already with his old buddy George Miller about what IS and what is NOT a "bobbah" and Gary Maucher and Tom Real are sure to be there with them.
      Happy Trails and Rest in Peace, friend.
      Last edited by jcrawford; 06-22-2024, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Larry and brother Dave were fixtures on the AMCA National Road Run scene over the years. I still remember Larry saying that AMCA Chapter sponsored National Road Runs were the best kept club secret. He would also say there was nothing better than riding an old motorcycle in an area of the country one would never see except for the Road Run. I couldn’t agree with him more. He will be missed.
        Richard Spagnolli
        AMCA #6153

Comment

Working...
        X