Kent Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Thompson

I just read on the 'Virtual Indian' site that Kent Thompson died . I don't know anything else, but suffice to say, that is tragic news. Everyone feels compelled to say nice things when someone dies; even if they were a jerk. In the case of Kent, he was without hesitation, the most well mannered, pleasant, knowledgeable person you would talk to at an AMCA meet. I last saw him at Wauseon, 2 years ago and he looked the same, and it was like no time had passed. He really helped me with the Sport Scout I am doing, and all the other bikes he contributed parts, and knowledge too. He helped me a lot, and I am embarrassed to say that I don't think I sent any parts his way so I feel bad about that. God bless you, Kent, and thanks for being a kind, and generous person to so many old motorcycle people.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Sad news indeed. Keith Kizer posted it on the Kent Thompson thread on Monday. Gone too soon.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Holy **** I can't believe that,I just sent him some parts last week and was going to call him today to see if he received them cause I haven't heard from him. That's terrible news I talk to that guy every couple weeks for parts or to talk about the weather. Nicest guy I've met, going to be missed dearly.

Comment

I never met Kent, but judging from the outpouring of support and comments his kindness and knowledge enriched a lot of lives and helped a lot of people.

My thoughts go out to his family and to the AMCA members whose lives were forever changed by this untimely and devastating loss.
        AMCA # 3233

Comment

I didn't know Kent either, Folks,..

But he was with me yesterday as I changed a van wheel.

He made me block it up twice.

Rest in Peace good fellow.

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I second Eric's sentiments! Kent was the nicest, most humble and helpful man I've ever met. He was always willing to talk with me about whatever project I was working on and provide whatever he could in the way of parts. A few days after we would talk, a box would show up with most, if not all the parts I was looking for. He always wrote an invoice by hand and all he asked was that you pay for the parts plus postage on the box. Every invoice had the same detail hand written: "Anything can be returned at anytime for any reason" If you didn't want the parts, just return them and cover his postage. He helped me immensely over the years in piecing together a 100% correct 1931 Chief and I will think of him very fondly every time I pick up one of those parts I got from him.

As a rusty old paramedic, I can visualize all too well the horror of his injuries and the suffering he endured. It breaks my heart to think of such a good strong Christian man struggling through that. My deepest condolences to Carol and the rest of his family. Rest in peace my friend..............

Comment

IMG_6630.jpegIMG_6629.jpeg Memorial at Kent’s Wauseon Vending Spot

Comment

Working...
              X