Butch Baer has passed away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butch Baer has passed away.

Indian Motorcycle Enthusiast Butch Baer Dead At 96 (ride-ct.com)

Thanx for posting.I had a fun talk with Butch many moons ago.

Comment

Only met Butch a few times at AMCA meets, he was a really nice guy and easy to talk to. What a life he lived!
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

That is really sad. He was an Indian Man. Last time I saw him was at Daytona about 3 years ago at the Swap. Still willing to talk to anyone about our brand.RIP Brother.
        Pete Cole AMCA #14441
        1947 Indian Chief

Comment

God Speed Mr. Baer.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

I talked with Butch, and his son Tim at ((I think) a Florida meet. I was working on a '40 Chief at the time and Butch was very encouraging, and had a great book of "The Indian News" from 1940, which I bought. I wish I had bought more of the books they had printed, but they were a bit expensive. I admire that Butch, and his Sons had made the effort, and spent the money to have their collection of Indian history put in a 'true' usable format. What they did will survive, as will the memories. God bless you, Butch, and thanks for the help.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Howdy chaps,

Met Butch and his brother in the infield at Daytona in 94 while in his leathers preparing to go out for a session, lit cigarette gripped in teeth instead of a more advisable bottle of water of water in the sweltering heat. He remembered the 440 I was on from its origins in New Cumberland, PA. We became friends, his brother sent me tons of images on diskettes. Later he featured my 441 on the cover of his Indian 4 book with some additional pics within. He was not a fan of patina being from the era when “restoration” meant bright colors and chrome, thus preferring this 441 over my decidedly dusty original 440. The following images of this machine are in two halves as I’m reluctant to break the binding on this book to render it in a single panel. Always exuberant, he will be missed as an irreplaceable participant in Indian’s history.

Cheerio,
              Peter
              1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Working...
              X