Cal Wahl, Colonial Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal Wahl, Colonial Chapter

It is with a heavy heart I announce the passing of my father, Cal Wahl, at his home in Ramsey NJ on December 30th. He was 79.
    Cal was one of the founding members of the Colonial Chapter and served as their first Vice President. A motorcyclist since his teen years in the late 50’s, he was an Indian man through and through, except for a few Knuckleheads now and then. He was pretty much a fixture at most of the north east meets prowling around for parts and occasionally vending, dragging me and my brothers around with him for years. I got the bug for these old bikes from him and he helped me through my first couple restorations, for which I will always be grateful. Dads health had been in decline these last three or four years, and then the struggle with dementia set in and in the last year aphasia made him unable to communicate. Even so his passing was sudden and unexpected. At least he was able to see his sons over Christmas, and we were able to get him to laugh a few last times. He will be missed by all that knew him. RIP Dad, love ya.

71907827-92C8-4435-9CFD-A172CE322F0B.jpeg45C65A15-39DE-4B4D-9A24-AED6CBA81764.jpeg

6AD4B7D9-81DB-4278-9E44-51E32E0BE8B0.jpeg

A8915F8C-A86C-4E27-A267-8BCC16F69F6A.jpeg

My deepest, and sincere condolences, Joe. It was (is) members like your Father that made the AMCA the great club it has been. I lost my Mother last year and the pain never goes away, but the good memories more than over come that.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric, and sorry for your loss.
      Guys like my father and his contemporaries are aging out, it’s just the facts. But they got this club running and look how much it’s grown. Just gotta remember their contributions and pass on their knowledge to the next generation. That whole “we’re not owners just caretakers “ is certainly true.
      Joe

Comment

God Speed Cal Wahl. My Most sincerest condolences to Family & Friends Joe.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Joe, condolences to you and your family. You are continuing your Dad's legacy by rebuilding his bike and sharing ii with us with your build thread. Thank you.
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ammorest View Post
            Joe, condolences to you and your family. You are continuing your Dad's legacy by rebuilding his bike and sharing ii with us with your build thread. Thank you.
            Dave
            I would certainly agree with Dave's comment. Your Dad had a good eye for great Indians, Joe and I am one of the benefactors or the effort, and time you have devoted to sharing your Dads' Sport Scout build.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
            X