No announcement yet.

George F. Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom, I hear you. The day before, Wednesday I believe it was I had to call Craig I was really having a hard time with it. I hope maybe you can make the Fallbrook run in October. We've got a lot planned to celebrate George's life and his interaction with all of us. I hope to see you. There's not many of the old crew left.
    DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
      Tom, I hear you. The day before, Wednesday I believe it was I had to call Craig I was really having a hard time with it. I hope maybe you can make the Fallbrook run in October. We've got a lot planned to celebrate George's life and his interaction with all of us. I hope to see you. There's not many of the old crew left.
      Thanks Richard, I might try to make it - not sure, but maybe. Too much crazy **** going on this year ! I went to help George out in the most recent heat wave we had. I was shocked and saddened by what I saw, he was barley making it, so fragile, weak. I knew right then death was near, I hoped he would recover - but I thought he would not make the year - very sad, when I think of him and Hobo, two of my best friends - heavy blows and good men gone! On a brighter note about our friend George Hood, he was the most skilled person I have ever known. He could literally do it all and do it all very well too. I saw George machine brand new engine castings and make a running engine out of them. Saw him make a gas tank for Lane Plottners Iver Johnson by hand and when he was done. It looked perfect to the original the best I could tell. He helped me on many occasions, just two examples - my Scout gas tank was so bad, professional shops did not want to take it on and it was going to be very expensive. Finally I gave it to the best according to the magazines of the period, after almost two years. My tank was no where near done, I went and got it back and took it to George. George rebuilt it in a month and charged me less than half what the others were going too. That tank has been trouble free for almost 30 years now ! Another time, my Hendersons exhaust seats were shot really bad, again I took it to the best recommended machine shops. They wanted no part of it, would not even take the job on. Once again I took it to George, he machined them out and made new ones and installed them and again - my Henderson has been running 23 years with no issues - thanks to George and a few others like him. His skills left me in awe, but what I liked best about him was his willingness to share his knowledge and help others. Many many times I have called him with questions, George always made time to assist me. Advise me on how to do some thing, or what I might of done wrong and how to fix it. Many if not all of my projects might not of ever got done without his advise or hands on help and I well always be grateful to him for that and his friendship. I had hopped to learn much more from him, but it was not to be. I am sickened to see so much of our best knowledge and skills gone and lost to our hobby and our small part of this world. George helped a great deal with my model T one ton truck, he took much interest in it. As I found out his first T was a one Ton :-) I truely admired the man and his abbillitys and well miss him dearly, RIP George !

Comment

George was working on his new T One Ton Street Rod project.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
        X