antique bob passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antique bob passed away

An old member #317 and friend, Bob Squires "Antique Bob" just passed away on Friday, Sept 23. Bob was originally from New Rochelle, NY. When I was growing up, he was the guy with all the old cars and bikes in town - hence the nickname "Antique Bob". As I started getting into old bikes, we became good friends. He would show me all his old parts that he had squirreled away in various garages in town. He had lots of bikes. He retired from the railroad about 10 years ago, and moved to the Oswego area where he built a very big garage to keep all his stuff. I would see him once a year at Oley, with Pat Cramer from Brewster Harley. Last time I saw him, he told me he had just bought a servi car, because he could not kick over the big bikes. He always invited me up to Oswego, but I never took him up on his offer. He will be missed.

RIP

pat

May the good LORD rest his soul in peace! Any friend of Patty Cramer sure was a straight up gent ! Sorry to hear of his passing but thankyou for not forgetting him.

Comment

What a loss. I met Bob through Patty many many years ago. Bob was a great guy. Other than the servicar mentioned in the previous post, which my dad and I actually sold to Bob (he was thrilled!!), Bob really focused the last five years or so on fininshing a harley museum at his house. He remarried a new love about 3 years ago, about three years after his previous wife died of illness. He battled cancer for years and had a tough time with it. Despite the illness he made a few meets a year and was always smiling and talking (alot!!). We used to joke that Bob would never shut up (all in admiration of him). Bob one of the true pioneers of "enthusiasts" within Antique motorcycling. He ran with real "clubs" back in the 40s, 50s, and 60s. He stayed with it ever since. He could care less about running all over the meets to find parts- if he saw something great if not there is always next time was his moddo. He truly will be missed by many, his big smile and the stories, they went on and on but I wish the music never ended. Rest in Peace Bob. Anthony Rutledge.

Comment

This is brutal.......come on man, hijacking obituaries. Have you no shame????
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Apparently he does not have any..

George
          George Greer
          AMCA # 3370

Comment

While ignoring the shameless spam prick, I wish to relate my condolences. I have been quite hurt by the loss of many of our comrades. Lord ??? Please don't take anymore for a while !! Paps

Comment

my deepest condolences
              john renoe #1952

Comment

Working...
              X