Vic northy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vic northy

I hope the news is wrong but I just heard from 2 different sources that legendarycharacter and HD 45 guy Vic Northy from NJ has passed? Can anyone verify that? 46EL

I haven't heard anything. It would be too bad. I think he is about my age and that would be too young. Met him at Daytona in the early 90's and no doubt they broke the mold after he was made and he sure loved his 45's. Jerry

Comment

Yes Sad but true. He was found dead in his driveway. RIP Vic

Comment

I've known Vic longer than anyone else in this hobby. The meet won't be the same with out the sound of that Honda 50 at 5:30 in the morning. RIP Vic boy.
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I got this news yesterday, too.

I stopped to think about it and realized I don't think I've gone to a meet in the three states surrounding me any time in years and NOT seen Vic there. The last time I saw him, he had given my friend's son a toy and then was dancing to Johnny Cash with the boy in the middle of the Newportville Swap. Vic may have been one of the least self-conscious guys I've ever met.

I wasn't close with Vic — he got guilty enough about not remembering my name that he just stopped asking — but I will miss seeing him. He was as reliable as the sun coming up every morning.

Oley won't be the same this year.

Comment

I remember some years back Vic would set up a Christmas tree at his vendor spot for giggles. He was a super nice guy. RIP Vic.

Comment

We have known Vic for over 20 years, what a huge loss to the club. RIP Vic, gone but will never be forgotten.

Comment

That's really a shame.... I remember I had drove up to his house and at that time he had a broken leg. We went down the steps into his basement to get a 1936 VLH Primary Cover that I bought from him. He gave me a great deal on it too. Later in years he admitted he sold it to me too cheap. RIP Vic
                Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

RIP VIC, just won't be the same without Vic....the rear fender on my UL was a swap meet deal from Vic....i will always think of him when i go for a ride.

Comment

I remember 1 year at Harmony, when everybody was at dinner, Vic came over to the booth where we sold the T-shirts and set up a TV with VCR and played old motorcycle race films for everybody to watch. he will be missed
                    Kevin Valentine 13
                    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Vic was a mainstay of most every meet, AMCA or any other, here on the East Coast. I helped him load his van several times over the last few years and I was always amazed that everything always fit. He had slowed a bit over the last few years but he never aged. Ride free Victor and hook up with George for old times sake.

Lyle

Comment

Anybody ever see him take nothing more than a pile of parts out of his van at a Meet and proceed to bolt a rolling chassis together and then install one of his rebuilt motors. He would put gas in the tanks, start the bike up and ride it around the swap meet with a for sale sign on it. I remember him 30+ years ago at the Terryville CT Swap Meet buying every 45 part he could find. Back then he was paying 50 bucks for 45 frames, springers and motors. He could never get enough. RIP VIC ! 46EL

Comment

From Dave Hennessey: Vic Northey lived in Trenton, NJ, and had a lifelong passion for 45ci Harley Flatheads. He had a huge collection of parts for these bikes, and was the "go-to guy" when you needed 45 parts. Vic was an ubiquitous fixture at east coast motorcycle swap meets - he was vending Harley 45 parts at every AMCA meet as far back as I can remember. Old timers may remember bygone swap meets such as Fort Mott and Harmony - well, Vic was there. Seemingly, Vic was everywhere - I can't remember a swap meet of any kind that Vic didn't attend.

I first met Vic through the Harley Hummer Club. He joined the Club in 1980, and was member #28. Back in those days he was seriously into Hummers too. Some old timers might remember his "Hook A Hummer" game at one of the swap meets (Harmony?) But most people will remember Vic for his lifelong passion of Harley 45's.

Some might say that Vic marched to the beat of a different drummer. I would say instead that Vic was the Pied Piper of Harley 45's. Wherever Vic went, 45 parts followed. And so did enthusiasts seeking 45 parts. Beneath that rather strange exterior was a really, really nice guy. Swap meets without Vic Northey just won't be the same.

Comment

Hey Folks, Info on Vic's Memorial....
                            Remembering Vic Northey....There will be a Memorial Service for Vic held on Tuesday, May 9th from 6-8 pm.
                            Buklad Funeral Home
                            30 Yardville Allentown Road
                            Yardville, NJ
                            The family has asked for anyone who has pictures of Vic to please bring them.

Comment

Missed already.........

Originally posted by Keith Kizer View Post
                              From Dave Hennessey: Vic Northey lived in Trenton, NJ, and had a lifelong passion for 45ci Harley Flatheads. He had a huge collection of parts for these bikes, and was the "go-to guy" when you needed 45 parts. Vic was an ubiquitous fixture at east coast motorcycle swap meets - he was vending Harley 45 parts at every AMCA meet as far back as I can remember. Old timers may remember bygone swap meets such as Fort Mott and Harmony - well, Vic was there. Seemingly, Vic was everywhere - I can't remember a swap meet of any kind that Vic didn't attend.

I first met Vic through the Harley Hummer Club. He joined the Club in 1980, and was member #28. Back in those days he was seriously into Hummers too. Some old timers might remember his "Hook A Hummer" game at one of the swap meets (Harmony?) But most people will remember Vic for his lifelong passion of Harley 45's.

Some might say that Vic marched to the beat of a different drummer. I would say instead that Vic was the Pied Piper of Harley 45's. Wherever Vic went, 45 parts followed. And so did enthusiasts seeking 45 parts. Beneath that rather strange exterior was a really, really nice guy. Swap meets without Vic Northey just won't be the same.
                              I first heard of Vic's passing at the Denton Meet while talking with another flathead lover. Vic was indeed the Pied Piper of Harley 45's and I was one of his followers. Hard to remember any swap meet (auto, bike, or other) where I didn't bump into him. I first met Vic when I bought a 1955 Solo flattie from him. 1955 Solo you say?? But Harley stopped making them in 1952?? Maybe Harley did, but Vic didn't. Now as I try and resurrect my 1955 back as a Servicar, I have to find some new parts sources... Ride In Peace, Vic!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X