45 flat head hop up suggestions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 flat head hop up suggestions!

I have the aluminum heads and the auto advance distributor and a linkert are these a good combination, also i believe i have the 27 tooth gear and 100 link chain. I haven't noticed any other modifications other than the cylinder is bored .10 over and someone was running drag pipes,If i don't buy a new complete exhaust i am thinking about shot guns or porkers how important a roll will back pressure play with a 45? Maybe someone knows the key things to do,.. to a 45,.. to get the most out of them. ?

Check out this link: http://victorylibrary.com/books1.htm
    He seems to have a lot of good info available. I've seen a couple of the "45 Magnum" conversions and they look good but I've heard that they're not very durable. I think stroker flywheels are available now, years back some guys used Chief flywheels. You just have to remember that hopping up a 45" trike is like hopping up a dump truck, only the dump truck is likely to be faster.

Comment

JB
      I found a 1949 45", you interested in another project ??? let me know quick!

Louie

Comment

Thanks but .....

Not anytime soon the 67 Sr. V is consuming my every waking thought and my lunch money....lol., Can't wait to have it up and running I spend almost every night til 1:00 maybe 1:30 working on it or searching e-bay for deals on parts, got a distributor for $60 still looking for a seat tee, complete dash with speedo, another wide glide hopefully in better cond than mine. I just keep thinking ....Eustis,,Eustis.....Well thanks again but i will have to pass for now!

Comment

Wait till you get a good look at the tail light (and smell of burnt oil) of my fire breathing VL.....Of course it's a 74" not one of those wimpy 45's. Just kidding JB, I think Kojacks right, you can make it go a little faster but forget about using the word "power" when talking about the 45's.

Louie

Comment

ok....

Thats cool if i get to feeling to slow I can always pull out the road-rod! Wanna talk about tire smoke!!!!! Oh Yeah!!

Comment

Its a good thing you gentleman didn't try to keep up with Billy Douglas and myself on the Maggie Valley RR, we both can surprise you on what can be done with a 45. Loads of fun if stroked, relieved, pop-up pistons, 1 1/2 carb., bombsight..........don't bet against 'em too quick solo that is johnny

Comment

i was at maggie valley

Catawaba Valley orange v-rod .. What were you riding? I heard their was someone their with a 45 with a cheif fly wheel that would run 75 and 80 if you can believe that a solo of course not a three wheeler.

Comment

tractor power

ya the 45s might be slow but reliable as an ol tractor an my ol 45 will run 70 flatout, yikes no brakes

Comment

That you Jerry? I'm planning on talking to Billy at Eustis about some of his performance tips, I told him when I saw him at Deals Gap that I wanted his "John Hancock" on one of his old race pictures. See you at the International show in Altanta in January?

Louie

Comment

carb set up ???

you mention 1 1/2 carb which carb are you talking about? I am wondering if i should put something other than the linkert back on? maybe a mikuni? your advice in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Louie, this is Johnny Whitsett, i always ride with Jerry and Billy on the roadruns. Two of the neatest guys in the world! Lots of history, and great riders. jb, i'm running an M53 carb. with the bombsight, K-model pistons (req.'s cutting heads), cut-back valves, 7 on intake...11 on exhaust, etc..........most of what is done to mine is a combination of victory librairy and HD KR manuals. Billy D. is running indian flywheels, strong but i can keep up (and the old dude will race ya). In Maggie i rode my 45 (red & creme) one day and my knuckle (green) one day. Hope this helps jb, just remember the 45 needs air, lots more than most realize. johnny sorry to be so long in replying, '37 indian 4 clutch giving me fits right now, ha ain't life grand

Comment

JB, to bad you couldnt or should I say wouldnt post a few pics of your project so we can see as well as hear about this soon to be three wheeled Beast! Sounds to me like it would be awful nice ta see the gal!

Comment

pic's

hey paul can you fix a pic or two if i send em these are what it looked like at time of purchase. i will send them to some ones e-mail.

Comment

pics sent to paul

i sent pics to paul i will send some more when i get them developed. ok i'm off to the garage. see yall later,

ps... i spend about as much time on this web site as i do Richard Duda's web page for servi-cars it's a great site.

Comment

Working...
                              X