Wauseon Meet nears sell out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wauseon Meet nears sell out

The 33rd Annual AMCA, Wauseon National Swap Meet is nearing a total sell out of numbered vending spaces. After taking a rough count this morning it appears that less than 50 numbered vending spaces remain. With over 700 vending spaces rented so far, it looks like it will be a big one.
    See you there, Fred.
    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

hi Fred,

it vendor attendance for all meets something we keep on record ? if so where can I look it up.

Thanks,

Steve O

Comment

Originally posted by hogchild71 View Post
      The 33rd Annual AMCA, Wauseon National Swap Meet is nearing a total sell out of numbered vending spaces. After taking a rough count this morning it appears that less than 50 numbered vending spaces remain. With over 700 vending spaces rented so far, it looks like it will be a big one.
      See you there, Fred.
      Fred needs no help promoting Wauseon, but for all the new members of the AMCA, Wauseon is next to the Indiana Border which brings in a lot more of the Mid western and even West coast vendors. I have found some of the fairest prices and willing sellers at this event, and the county fair atmosphere extends to the very peaceful late afternoon visiting with friends.

What ever they have been doing for the last 33 years works and I highly recommend it, Shelby and Gloria Withrow

Comment

Shelby you might just be the man to answer. to your knowledge is attendance kept track of ? Is it of concern when attendance goes up or down and is this ever addressed for either reason ?
        Is vendor attendance tracked ?

Thanks

Steve O

Comment

someone has a record of rented vendor spaces. there is no gate fee so the number of spectators would be hard to come up with. In the last 5 years it as been full Thursday and Friday. I'm out of there Friday night. so i cant tell you about sat. and sun.
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Does anybody know how early they allow campers into the Fulton Co Fairgrounds for the Wauseon meet? After the AMA meet at Mid-Ohio the weekend before, I'd like to go straight over to Wauseon.
            Kevin
            https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

I don't know who 'skunk' is but here a link. http://www.caimag.com/forum/showthre...useon-Question

Originally posted by Shaky Jake View Post
              Does anybody know how early they allow campers into the Fulton Co Fairgrounds for the Wauseon meet? After the AMA meet at Mid-Ohio the weekend before, I'd like to go straight over to Wauseon.
              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

i have heard Thursday morning you can get in. You might get away with parking outside of the fence. Walmart is down the street. They let you park. sauder village is 15 minutes away they have an rv campground.
                rob ronky #10507
                www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Thanks guys. That gives me some options.

Kevin
                  Kevin
                  https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

Originally posted by quick993 View Post
                    Shelby you might just be the man to answer. to your knowledge is attendance kept track of ? Is it of concern when attendance goes up or down and is this ever addressed for either reason ?
                    Is vendor attendance tracked ?

Thanks

Steve O
                    You pose a difficult question, as a long time vendor I can tell by the density of people walking by, if a certain meet is off or packed from one year to the other if the weather is normal. Wauseon is pretty consistent weather wise. All meets are different. The clubs hosting the events know how full the parking lots are from year to year, but they are not always the same people doing the gates. With high fuel costs and a little of the downturn in the economy a lot of motivated sellers are out, and that brings in the buyers looking for bargains. Shelby

Comment

I m not so much interested in the spectator turnout statistics for Wauseon , but I would like to see a table with some comparisons to other meets for the registered vendors and maybe be able to get some valuable info from this. I would think that the amount of registered vendors would be a good tell tale for the attendance also.

Thanks,

Steve O

Comment

Originally posted by quick993 View Post
                        I m not so much interested in the spectator turnout statistics for Wauseon , but I would like to see a table with some comparisons to other meets for the registered vendors and maybe be able to get some valuable info from this. I would think that the amount of registered vendors would be a good tell tale for the attendance also.

Thanks,

Steve O
                        Now you are starting to sound like a government worker looking for tax money to collect, if not I do not understand where you are coming from. I can see you are new to the site, but each venue knows their vendor count but may not keep that list. Shelby

Comment

Steve
                          Rough count as of July 5, Something over 700 spaces rented by around 400 vendors. Vendors rent from one to six spaces, some with multiple spaces "sub-let" to their friends. Accurate numbers are difficult at best.

Shelby
                          Thanks for the kind words.

Fred.
                          Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Shelby how is one suppose to know if the meets are getting better or worse if we don't track the attendance, how would one know if a good job was done promoting the event if this is not taken into consideration ? I would think that any business minded organizer would like to know how their event is doing. I m just wanting to get a little more involved and I m curious. Some of us take our hobbies a little more serious than others that s all. For instance take a look at what s happening in Rhinebeck, word is that it might me over and possibly changing venues. What happened ? Attendance ? Time of year ? Rainbeck ? I don't know but maybe looking at this kind of stuff would prevent losing an event or help make some better.

Comment

Steve,
                              Are you coming to Wauseon? Probably won't need the wool gloves like Oley.
                              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
                              X