Sidecar dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidecar dogs

I've always wanted to find a LE sidecar for my little friend. I came across this video that might make the "want" a "need".
    Thought someone here would be interested and create some PR for the club.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s-sidecar-dogs
    Bob

Animal cruelty no doubt.

....Cotten
    Attached Files
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I have a bad feeling about taking pets on motorcycles (even sidecars). I've seen all the cute pictures of dogs, and cats with goggles on (cruelty in itself) and I'm sure some of them must like it, but I was in a golf cart with my wife's uncle, and cat; and the cat fell out and got it's paw run over. Stuff happens on motorcycles and I accept that risk, but I will not subject that on anyone, or thing else.
      Last edited by exeric; 01-28-2015, 06:06 PM.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Well, Eric..

Anything you do to a cat is cruel. (Some even refuse food.)
        Dogs want to please you no matter what.
        So, just like transporting a child or gramma, the ultimate responsibility is the operator's, and should be well considered.

Local laws may vary, but will become more restrictive by the minute.

....Cotten
        AMCA #776

Comment

That is the sad thing with dogs, Tom. They do want to please and they will do more than any human would ever do to please their master. That is where a human has the responsibility to prove they are of a higher order and insure the welfare of a dog.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

True, Eric,...

And incredibly ironic that inspite of their noble nature, humans use the term "dog" for an insult, and some cultures that probably wouldn't have survived to come about without them distain them by law.
            Which species is of the "higher order" is a matter of higher perspective.

Both of these old girls still are alive, but barely.

....Cotten
            Attached Files
            AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
              That is the sad thing with dogs, Tom. They do want to please and they will do more than any human would ever do to please their master. That is where a human has the responsibility to prove they are of a higher order and insure the welfare of a dog.
              Eric,
              The sidecar club that I belong www.sidecar.com to many people show up at the sponsored events with their 4 legged friends almost all wear Doggles for eye protection and the friends are tethered in the sidecars with short straps to prevent them from jumping from the sidecar.
              Chuck
              AMCA Member#1848

Comment

That's a fun little video, Bob. Thanks for posting it up.

Kevin

Kevin
                https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

I kinda opened up a can-o'-worms, didn't mean to.
                  My dog wants to be with me 24/7, and loves the wind. I don't have a sidecar, but my dog has got me thinking about it.
                  You make a good point about the responsibility. I'm more concerned with my son wanting a MC, he reminds me of myself at his age.
                  Times have changed, as you all know.
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
                    Eric,
                    The sidecar club that I belong www.sidecar.com to many people show up at the sponsored events with their 4 legged friends almost all wear Doggles for eye protection and the friends are tethered in the sidecars with short straps to prevent them from jumping from the sidecar.
                    People love their dogs and I'm sure those members are super cautious and have their pet's best interests at the top of the list. I've always wondered if dogs feel like they're running real fast when they put their faces out the window of a moving car.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

For Eric...
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqZUoZpRv3A
                      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

That pup looked very happy to be on the ground.
                        It makes you wonder what he's thinking.
                        Thanks for sharing.
                        Bob
                        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobdo View Post
                          That pup looked very happy to be on the ground.
                          It makes you wonder what he's thinking.
                          Thanks for sharing.
                          Bob
                          You wouldn't allow that maybe he liked the ride so much that....... okay, maybe not.

Tom, I have to inquire about that chair behind you in the your first post: what-what?

Comment

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
                            ....Tom, I have to inquire about that chair behind you in the your first post: what-what?
                            Just something fresh out of the dumpster, Filibuster!

Generically, its a "North Wind" throne chair. I inherited a much better one, but naturally, my mother ruined the original finish.

To get this back on topic, the box my pooch is standing upon came off my faithful '73 Datsun pickup (*sigh*). At one time, it had mailboxes on each end for aerodynamic "spoilers". Other great great sidecar appliances I've seen were coffins (of course), barrel tubs, and best of all, a railroad toilet where passengers could pull a lever and watch the road beneath them. I regret not stopping to pick up a discarded fibreglas sitz-sauna, where the door opened from the front, and only left the passenger's head sticking out the top. I could have painted a helmet to match.

I came home from D-port one year with an H-D and a Goulding frame for a song; I figured the only way I could get anyone to relieve me of the Goulding was to put a $5 steamer trunk on it (attached). It worked.

....Cotten
                            PS: The chair isn't behind me, that's my wife's Border-Lab bitch "Sammy"; I am behind the camera where I belong.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-08-2015, 04:06 PM.
                            AMCA #776

Comment

My 90 pound German Sheppard Baron would run and leap into my '37 LE Sidecar. Sitting erect with his tongue hanging out as we rode. When I parked and left him in the car he would lay down in it and relax. That is untill some unsuspecting person leaned over it to have a better look. Then he would spring up announcing that he was on guard at full volume. :-)
                              Be sure to visit;
                              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                              X