I-Beam Springer Front-end, Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-Beam Springer Front-end, Complete

For Sale: I have a chromed I-Beam Front end that is OEM, complete, straight, and unmolested (other than the chrome). This front end was on my 1940 EL, and I changed it out for a correct original. I know nothing about these I-Beams, so I need to do a little research to find out if it is correct for a VL or RL or WL ... anyone with experience in these, and can point out differentiating points would be much appreciated so that I can be more specific on the application. I am looking for $1200 for the front-end. Thanks for looking, and let me know if you have questions. Vic
    Vic Ephrem
    AMCA #2590

forks

Can you email me a few pics of the forks,thanks

Comment

A little more info, and I'll get pics posted as soon as I figure that out ...

The neck is 1" (not 7/8" or 1-1/8") ... if there was a conversion done, it was done well, because I cannot tell. The total length is 28" from the center of the axle to the top of the acorn nuts. There is a code inside the I-Beam of the left rear leg as follows:

TC 100 TL {rectangular hallmark enclosing a CL} 4

The leading T may be a 7, and the second letter may be a G.
      Vic Ephrem
      AMCA #2590

Comment

It is a D or R 45" fork, not VL. The VL had a 1 1/8" neck while the D and R 45's had 1". The W series 45's changed to the 7/8" stem.
        Another thing to look for it the fender mounts. The VL fender mounted to the spring fork while the 45's are mounted to the rigid fork.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Thanks, Chris ... you're right ... it's an RL, RLD. The fender mounts are on the rear fork. Much appreciated, as now I can properly identify it to potential buyers. Also, now that I know what I'm looking for, I was able to match the photos from other sources as well.

To potential buyers, these forks are chromed, with some very light surface rust in spots. They are straight, un-repaired, and complete except for rockers.
          Vic Ephrem
          AMCA #2590

Comment

Originally posted by 40 Nuck View Post
            Thanks, Chris ... you're right ... it's an RL, RLD. The fender mounts are on the rear fork. Much appreciated, as now I can properly identify it to potential buyers. Also, now that I know what I'm looking for, I was able to match the photos from other sources as well.

To potential buyers, these forks are chromed, with some very light surface rust in spots. They are straight, un-repaired, and complete except for rockers.
            40 Knuck...I am certainly interested in this front end. May I receive a pic or two, please? Send to: jfranco@ureach.com ...much appreciated.

Bobber59

Comment

Working...
            X