Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint

Would like some opinions on what type of white paint was used on WPB civilian Knuckleheads. Was the paint used on tappet blocks and oil pumps flat, semi-gloss, or gloss?

Is the top motor mount parkerized, or black?

Ditto on the kicker spring?

Thanks,
    VPH-D

I have an original black and white photo of a new 46' with this finish I will try to see if possible to tell. I am at work now.
    Have you checked the "big book"?

Comment

I don't believe Palmer addresses the finish of the white paint.
      I've always thought the kicker spring were gloss black, but finding a parkerized spring in a box of parts started me wondering.
      VPH-D

Comment

Anyone, Anyone?
        VPH-D

Comment

The white paint was an off-white and it was glossy. The top motor mount was park, and the kicker spring was black. Use a tough paint on your white finishes, other wise the gasoline will take it right off.

Comment

Matt,
            Thanks for the input. Would you recommend a spray paint mfg. and color? Is powder coat an alternative?
            VPH-D

Comment

We use emron paint on our biks. It holds up well to the heat and gasoline. I matched the color to a n.o.s. scavenger pump that my dad had laying around. I dont know if there is a good spray paint out there that would work for your application. Buy a can that you think looks right and see if it holds up to gas before you finish your motor.

Comment

Working...
              X