Unknow earlier lower end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknow earlier lower end

Does anyone know what this lower end goes too?Male rod has 1458A on it and female rod has 1457A.Any info would be appreciated.TEB
    Attached Files

TEB
    It's hard to identify things when you have no perspective of size but that rivited up big-end screams out Dufaux Brothers, Switzerland so my best guess at this stage would be Motosacoche, Mountaineer and just possibily Moto-reve who were a competitor of the first two.
    Quite a few companys made Defaux engines under licence and the following are a few that come to mind.
    C.C.M. (Canada Cycle and Motor)
    Calcott
    Hobart
    Midget Bi-car
    N.S.U.
    Royal Enfield
    Singer

Hope this helps but bore and stroke, flywheel dia. etc would make it a lot easier to help you. The Dufaux stuff is tiny when compared to most vee twins.

Regards, Tommo

Comment

Tommo
      I have what I believe is a 1914 James Twin Engine. It is disassembled but complete less the pinion gear and the gearcase cover. Do you have ANY sugestions on where I may locate these parts even as borrowed patterns?
      Thanks
      Mark Masa

Comment

A 1913 or 14 twin has just emerged here in NZ following an extensive restoration. I don't personally know the owner but will make some enquiries on your behalf and try and find out if he has any spares he wants to quit.
        Regards, Tommo

Comment

Thanks Peter

Comment

Can confirm it's not a mag (Motosacoche).
            The rods were uneven in length in these motors.

Comment

James Twin (1915?)

Tommo
              Any news on that 13/14 James twin that you mentioned had turned up in NZ? I still need a pinion gear and a gearcase cover to complete my motor. If I can't get my hands on parts to buy outright or copy, then I could probably get by with a few closeup pics. I also have an early chassis that I was told was a GOVONOR. Can't find much of anything on that make. Looks like a lightweight belt drive chassis that would hold a single as opposed to a twin. It has a Druid fork on it. Looks similar to an Alldays and Onions that a guy in NZ sent me a couple of pics of a while back. I also have an Alldays and Onions single motor but never attempted to see if the motor fits. I'll post some pics in a new thread.
              Thanks
              Mark Masa

Comment

Working...
              X