How many 56Pans still alive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many 56Pans still alive?

Does anyone know how I can find out how many 56FLH Pans where produced? And how many are still registered and on the road today in the U.S? I'm curious cause I don't see many around in my area. Yet by the number of forums and chat rooms I view it seems there most be thousands of them out there. So much for the people that claim that "pans" are undependable. I've had mine for years. All it's ever asked me for has been gas,oil a chain and an occasional spark plug. -Steve

Try checking out hydra-glide.net
    There is all sorts of information on panheads there. According to the site there were 224 FLH models made in 1956.

I have a 56 FLE and love it. It is my daily rider although winter is keeping me from riding it much.

Jim M.

Comment

My 1956 FL is still alive and running like a timex! original everything...even the Black&yellow paint!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR ONE & ALL !!!!

Comment

56 PAN

I have a 56 FLHF, and should be up by spring. According to H. D. Panhead by GREG FIELD, Total sales in 1956 were 5,806, which included, 856FL,671FLE,224FLH,1,578FLF,162FLEF & 2,315FLHF. Can't wait to get mine on the road !

Comment

I have an worn original paint (flamboyant green w/slash) full dressed 56FLHF that I'm the second owner of that I enjoy riding on sundays and nice evenings. 34,000 miles and no engine or trans work done yet as I wouldn't expect it either. Handles better than Duo-Glides (and I have them to make that statment). My neighbor down the road and AMCA member has one identical to mine but with 14,000 miles on it an cherry paint! He doesn't ride that one...I only drool on it when I see it! Happy Holidays Keep riden them.

Comment

We have an original paint (pepper red w/white tank slash) 26,000 mile '56 FLHF, and I'm also the second owner of this bike. As mentioned above, this pan has never had any engine/trans work done on it and, after priming, always starts on the first kick. Ya gotta love them panheads!

Comment

My dad has a 1956 FLE that I brought back from the Manilla Philippines Police Department. He restored it and made it into a civilan model, pepper red and matched a sidecar he bought from the Seattle Washington Police Department.

We entered it into a local H.O.G. motorcycle show and it won 1st place in the Antique Division.

I can e-mail you photos if you would like to see it. I guess they're a little too big for this forum and I don't know how to reduce them.

Rockin' Ronny O!

Comment

I think I got the photo thing worked out. Here's the pic of my dad's '56 FLE

Rockin' Ronny O!

Comment

I tried to get a shot of my pan on here but I guess the attachment option is disabled.

Comment

Now that is a beautiful machine! It's so clean -it scares me. Good job.

Comment

Rockin' Ronnie--That is one beautiful machine!!! Looks like it just came out of the dealership---And best of all it has the correct seat!!

Comment

Thanks guys. We're going to enter the Panhead into the Sutter Chapter AMCA meet in June in Dixon, California. Let's hope the judges agree with your assessment! (LOL)

By the way, we're also going to enter our 1942 Harley-Davidson XA. You see the pix at:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...u/fb9bcd55.jpg
                        http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...u/1b31db24.jpg

Rockin' Ronny O!

Comment

Well, I hope these links to our original '56 FLH work.

Badger Heritage Run

Bike Show Display

Comment

Nice '56, Panhead. That's the first time I've seen the "cheese grater" actually mounted on a front fender. I've seen the rear before, but never the front mounted.

Also, would you please tell me if you have a spacer between your toolbox and rear fender? If not, do you use anything to plug up that third hole?

Rockin' Ronny O!

Comment

Working...
                            X