Thread: Bill Tuman

Default Bill Tuman

The legendary Bill Tuman has passed, Folks.

I was honored to have met him.

....Cotten
    PS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPqWn8NsYmc
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-18-2020 at 10:06 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Cotten, thanks for sharing this news. Bill Tuman must be one of the last men of that generation in motorcycle history.

https://motorsportsnewswire.com/2020...-tuman-passes/
    Last edited by Steve Swan; 11-18-2020 at 03:37 PM. Reason: added link

I believe his close friend Bobby Hill is still with us. I was really lucky to have had them both sign my 101 tank together at the same time on opposite sides with their racing numbers and national title years. A couple years later they were at the dinner after Davenport and sat next to them. Both gentlemen of the highest order. Legends for sure.
    DrSprocket

Quote Originally Posted by RichO View Post
    I believe his close friend Bobby Hill is still with us. I was really lucky to have had them both sign my 101 tank together at the same time on opposite sides with their racing numbers and national title years. A couple years later they were at the dinner after Davenport and sat next to them. Both gentlemen of the highest order. Legends for sure.
    Very cool, Rich. Amazing and glad to hear that Bobby Hill is still with us. back in 2009 when the AMCA hosted the www.cb750sandcastonly.com web club i started up in 2004, Bob Hansen and Bob Jameson were both in attendance and the gentleman signed the top of the gas tank of my CB750 sandcast #232. People thought i was nuts, but how often are we in the company of men who made great motorcycle history?

Wow, 99 years old, and raced motorcycles professionally, and successfully. That is a life well spent in my opinion. God speed, Bill and my condolences to his family, friends, and admirers.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    Wow, 99 years old, and raced motorcycles professionally, and successfully. That is a life well spent in my opinion. God speed, Bill and my condolences to his family, friends, and admirers.
    Amen, amen.

Though I had enjoyed both reading about these two greats and hearing stories about them since I got started in the AMCA with my '48 Chief, I will always remember Bill Tuman and Bobby Hill because of this:
    Back in the mid 80's I had been to California Swap meets a few times, but never to the "Big One" in Davenport. I decided to go there and took a friend along with me. We flew to Madison, WI via Chicago to see relatives there. My aunt lent us her car for the 3.5 hr. drive to Davenport. We checked into our motel and then went to the restaurant we had heard about - "Tractor Shed" I think it was. My friend and I were excited about being there for the first time and were talking about what to do when we got to the fairgrounds. As we were finishing our meal, a man I had not noticed from the table behind us came up and said "Well, you fellas sound quite excited about being here for the Meet - must be the first time! Come over and sit with me and my friend a while and we will give you some tips if we can. I'm Bill Tuman and this is Bobby Hill". What a thrill that was, and I will never forget it. We hadn't even got to the Meet yet!
    May you rest in peace, Bill.

https://youtu.be/YnLtqKKdFls >>>Bill Tuman reunited with Bike--YouTube.
    https://youtu.be/MPqWn8NsYmc >>>Bill Tuman Short--YouTube.

PVWNPVOM7IUJDNQKZYUSLKAXEM.jpg>>Bobby Hill #71 & Tuman #51 Neck & Neck.
    fullsizeoutput_d18.jpg>>Indian Wrecking Crew *1952 --Left to Right--Tuman, Hill & Beckman

God Speed #51 Tuman.

*M.A.D.*
    *P.S. Great story jcrawford...
    Last edited by JoJo357; Yesterday at 12:36 PM.