Birch White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birch White

Would anyone have a code or formula for Birch White other than 90303?
    I got a pint from Finish Masters who had the Harley Birch White code 90303 in their system, got it in Deltron.
    I just shot the color and its looks a bit different than my OP 66. It has me thinking that its a slightly different color.
    Called local dealer and they only have a touch up bottle.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by eddiepanhead; 10-12-2020, 09:42 AM.

Sorry Eddie,...

There is a whole science of spectroscopy that proves that not only a paint of different chemical composition can never reflect light the same, the original itself has changed over time. (Damm them photons, oxygen, etc.)

It is futile to think otherwise, but you are free to try to fudge it afterward. I hear mayonnaise can age nicely.

(Seriously.)

....Cotten
    PS: I hate paint.

Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-12-2020, 11:06 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

dupont code (axalto ) 809233k birch white. have done a couple restorations and exact match to my original paint 62'

Comment

Originally posted by hennigan62 View Post
        dupont code (axalto ) 809233k birch white. have done a couple restorations and exact match to my original paint 62'
        A quick online search for this paint yields no results. When was the last time you purchased this DuPont birch white? Just wondering if it is still a DuPont formulation being offered.

Comment

Someone once told me me that a very good match for Harley Birch White is 1968-69 Ford Wimbledon White. I can't say for certain, but it's worth looking into.

Comment

gitguy,
            Axalta (Dupont) formula number 809233 is a valid number for Birch White. I can't personally vouch for the older bikes but it's a good match on the later models.

Dale

Comment

What do you mean by "later" models? My interest is in 60s era birch white.

Comment

Originally posted by gitguy View Post
                What do you mean by "later" models? My interest is in 60s era birch white.
                Newer bikes. Bikes made in the last 15-20years. Hennigan62 says it matches his OP '62. So it seems that Harley Davidson Birch White has stayed the same through the years.

Dale

Comment

we have restored a 72 sportster and a 73 servicar and used this dupont code on both. again a perfect match to my 62 witch has not been touched. this dupont formula has not changed for 60 plus years. trust me if your painter is good and mixes and sprays properly it will match.

Comment

All good gouge. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
                    X