Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paint Colors 1937 EL

Default Paint Colors 1937 EL

Can anyone tell me all available colors for 1937 , including options?

Granville, this is from 1937 sales literature:
    Three color options. The 1937 Harley-Davidsons are available in a choice of three beautiful color options at no extra charge. One is the ever popular color, Teak Red striped in Black and edged in Gold, the second option is a new rich Bronze Brown striped in Delphine Blue and edged in Yellow, and the third is a snappy combination, Delphine Blue striped in Red and edged in Gold. The Servi-Cars, Package Trucks, and sidecars carry the same three color options as the motorcycle models.

Pretty sure the MoCo would paint previous years colors at additional cost. If you are getting the bike AMCA judged (which you probably aren't) you have to stick with the above colors. Any deviations require documentation.

I found my 1937 wiring diagram. If you still need it, call me.
    Dave

don't forget to paint the oil tank body color on early to mid 37 production & black on late production.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead 61 View Post
    don't forget to paint the oil tank body color on early to mid 37 production & black on late production.
    Then you have to justify where early and mid are. Photos in The Enthusiast magazine suggest that the colored oil tanks were only on very early machines.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Weren't there only two (2) color options for part of MY1937?
    Fletcher Clark Johnston
    AMCA #282

Thanks Dave,

Like the Delphine blue regardless, any idea were I can source the paint? ( Pierce unresponsive) Will call you re wiring but Im pretty much done , only real question was for brake light which Robbie answered

Quote Originally Posted by ammorest View Post
    Granville, this is from 1937 sales literature:
    Three color options. The 1937 Harley-Davidsons are available in a choice of three beautiful color options at no extra charge. One is the ever popular color, Teak Red striped in Black and edged in Gold, the second option is a new rich Bronze Brown striped in Delphine Blue and edged in Yellow, and the third is a snappy combination, Delphine Blue striped in Red and edged in Gold. The Servi-Cars, Package Trucks, and sidecars carry the same three color options as the motorcycle models.

Pretty sure the MoCo would paint previous years colors at additional cost. If you are getting the bike AMCA judged (which you probably aren't) you have to stick with the above colors. Any deviations require documentation.

I found my 1937 wiring diagram. If you still need it, call me.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by FCJ View Post
    Weren't there only two (2) color options for part of MY1937?
    See excerpt below.

[END]
    Fletcher Clark Johnston
    AMCA #282

Fletcher, that's interesting information. Where did you find that? Thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by FCJ View Post
    See excerpt below.

[END]
    that may have been a pre production advertisement but it's not accurate for actual production.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantracy View Post
    Thanks Dave,

Like the Delphine blue regardless, any idea were I can source the paint? ( Pierce unresponsive) Will call you re wiring but Im pretty much done , only real question was for brake light which Robbie answered
    i'll be painting my next '37U delphine blue since my other one is teak red & the last one i built was black.