Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George F. Hood

Default George F. Hood

George F. Hood machinist, motorcycle restorer, model T guru, J model Harley-Davidson mind trust, friend, and much more has slipped his mortal coil. He will be missed by many. His many talents are in short supply these days. They broke the mold when they made George. May he truly rest in peace. I will miss you old friend. Down the road, Rich
    DrSprocket

Very sad to hear about George’s passing. He was a great guy and an enormous resource to the antique motorcycle world (especially with regard to J model Harley’s)
    He will be truly missed.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by RichO View Post
    George F. Hood machinist, motorcycle restorer, model T guru, J model Harley-Davidson mind trust, friend, and much more has slipped his mortal coil. He will be missed by many. His many talents are in short supply these days. They broke the mold when they made George. May he truly rest in peace. I will miss you old friend. Down the road, Rich
    Thanks for sharing that DrSprocket. I didn't know George but your tribute gives me an image of many we cherish in this area of antique motor vehicles and who we would miss deeply. May George Rest In Peace.

Mike Love

Quote Originally Posted by RichO View Post
    Well said Richard, very sorry

George was one fine human being, a gentleman and highly talented machinist and mechanic. George was always ready to help, encouraged phone calls, loved to visit on the phone, share his wealth of knowledge and always had a good joke and a wonderful laugh. I am fortunate to have got to know him some over the past two years. George did some work for me this past March; i am so fortunate. Godspeed George!
    Last edited by Steve Swan; 09-14-2020 at 02:12 AM.

Yes George was an old school enthusiast with great practical skills. He also knew a lot about Harley VLs and had some interesting ideas for them. We yarned at Davenport and Dixon and spoke on the phone several times, and I and our Club will miss his personality, knowledge and abilities.

George was such a great guy in so many ways. Always enjoyed talking to him and admired his work. Godspeed George.
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Eric MATHIEU @ Beauty of Speed
    www.beautyofspeed.com
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

When George shipped back the parts he worked on for me this past March, he sent along one of his business cards i thought i would share.

20200914_114337.jpg

Thanks for sharing that, Steve. I wish I had known George Hood. My deepest condolences to his family, and (obviously) many friends.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    Thanks for sharing that, Steve. I wish I had known George Hood. My deepest condolences to his family, and (obviously) many friends.
    Eric, you bet. i had heard of George not long after i bought my first '27 in 2013, and did not start visiting with George until a couple years ago after i started my second '27 project. George was one of those folks who as soon as i started listening to him, i realized was not only very knowledgeable with vast experience and uniquely individual. i hope anyone who knew George well can share more about him, i know he built some very unique v-twin engines along the lines of either Crocker and/or Crocker-esque and i do believe i am correct when i say that in his earlier years he rebuilt some pretty exotic V-12 car engines. He had a passion for the pre-war BSA 3-wheel car, he had one, his Dad got exposed to them during his service time in WW II and had one shipped stateside when he returned home. https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/173...?category=list