Thread: VL Original Style Coil

Default VL Original Style Coil

Can anyone give me a heads up on a currently available coil to suit a 35 VL Harley. Looking for one that is the design of the original. This bike is a rider and I haven't had a lot of success with the V-Twin one that I tried so I am looking for a more reliable alternative. Any assistance appreciated. Seeing that I am situated in Australia it's not a problem where it comes from, US or Europe.

Must be 6 volt as I am running everything original.
    Last edited by downunder vl; 09-07-2020 at 07:07 AM.

My supplier is out of stock of new ones at the moment, so they are hard to find right now. You can consider reworking an old one. I'm told the early 6 volt Honda coil fits inside the can if you are prepared to deal with the mastic. I have a couple of old ones if you want to give it a try.

Try bulldogbrothersgarage@gmail.com He is making repops of original cases with modern coils inside.
    Bob Selph
    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
    1940 Sport Scout
    AMCA#15215

Quote Originally Posted by bselph View Post
    Try bulldogbrothersgarage@gmail.com He is making repops of original cases with modern coils inside.
    I received a coil from Bull Dog for my '46 WL about a month ago, looks like stock including being wired to the correct terminals. About 150 miles, so far I am very impressed. Good people making a much needed product.