Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly cannot post to forums

Hello,
    I have been using the forums for years and suddenly cannot post new threads. My current membership is still good for 3 more months and I can log in without problems. Anyone know what the problem might be?
    Thank you.

You just did I think. .............
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Originally posted by fadingfast View Post
      Hello,
      I have been using the forums for years and suddenly cannot post new threads. My current membership is still good for 3 more months and I can log in without problems. Anyone know what the problem might be?
      Thank you.
      Hi fadingfast - I am certain your problems are what we are all experiencing, some more than others. We have an outdated version of the vBulletin forum software and for a number of legitimate reasons within managing we are behind the curve and waiting for the newest version to be implemented. I hate the fact this is impacting us but we just need to wait it out. Some people have found work arounds and I will try to list them in another comment. Again, sorry about the frustration and inconvenience.

As Knuck commented on your post you were able to post here so you found somewhat to do it. Maybe you can backtrack and figure out what you did and comment about it because it will help us all.

Mike Love
      AMCA Forum Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
        Hi fadingfast - I am certain your problems are what we are all experiencing, some more than others...
        ... Some people have found work arounds and I will try to list them in another comment...
        ... Maybe you can backtrack and figure out what you did and comment about it because it will help us all.

Mike Love
        AMCA Forum Moderator
        No help from me here, just observations.

When I log in, there is no evidence that I logged in at all. Still blank spaces in the 'Login' and 'Password' boxes on the 'Forum' page. If I switch to the 'What's New' page, it shows me as logged in. Clicking back to the 'Forum' page is a crap shoot. Sometimes it shows me as logged in, sometimes not.

Today I'm able to log in alright after going through above procedure. I go to the 'Vintage Pics' thread and the first two pages show me as logged in and the pics are available. For some reason, no pics are visible on the third page of that thread, only printed image file info. When I click on the image files, the screen reverts back to the 'You are not logged in' page. Weird sh#t!

Comment

Originally posted by droptopford View Post
          No help from me here, just observations.

When I log in, there is no evidence that I logged in at all. Still blank spaces in the 'Login' and 'Password' boxes on the 'Forum' page. If I switch to the 'What's New' page, it shows me as logged in. Clicking back to the 'Forum' page is a crap shoot. Sometimes it shows me as logged in, sometimes not.

Today I'm able to log in alright after going through above procedure. I go to the 'Vintage Pics' thread and the first two pages show me as logged in and the pics are available. For some reason, no pics are visible on the third page of that thread, only printed image file info. When I click on the image files, the screen reverts back to the 'You are not logged in' page. Weird sh#t!
          Yes droptopford these are things I am finding as well. My favorite work around has become clicking the refresh (circular arrow) that most browsers have and it seems get me to a more stable login. I don't know why but it does. We do have gremlins. Version update has started with some testing parallel.

Mike Love

Comment

Delete the cookies from this site, and log in again
            The Linkert Book

Comment

Yes jssurfer your post shows up. But it is in the New Board Announcement Forum. It would probably get the most views in Parking Lot Chatter so let me move it to that Forum.

Mike Love
              AMCA Forum
              'Moderator

Comment

Working...
              X