Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too old to be cool?

Harry; I had a similar experience when I first got my 1941 Harley 80" chopper running. I stopped at a Mobile Station to gas up. The attendant that pumped the gas asked if it was a triumph? Oh well. I was riding and he was pumping gas. I felt better.
    Craig

Love your '55 BMW, Robbie. It stands alone in good looks; is there a back story on it?
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

I was stopped at a red light on my 1936 H-D VLH and the guy behind me yells out... HEY, is that an Indian? I just said "no, it's a Harley". I don't mind... the light turned to Green and off I went! I think we all have had similar stories. FUN to read them! I also have a 68 Dodge pickup (restored, but I use as a pickup truck) and NEVER does anyone say anything about it when I stop for gas or at the Home Depot.... it's like, it is just an old truck and nobody cares! HAHA!! It's fine!
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Yup u hit the nail right on the head.....I personally like all old bikes, but the average joe doesnt know what hes looking at anyway. You know another funny thing is just because i drive a bimmer car , they ask why i ride harleys...lol how can i answer that, i said to one guy should i also drink a fine wine also, yuk i hate wine , give me a cold Bud anyday....If it were me ide look at both..